Applications due 02/29/20
Location: 9900 Terwall Terrace, Pleasant Prairie, WI, USA
The Village of Pleasant Prairie RecPlex is now accepting applications for the Aquatics Manager position.
This position is a professional managerial position under the direct supervision of the Operations Superintendent with secondary supervision by the Director of Recreation. The primary purpose of the Aquatics Manager is to provide outstanding service through warm interactions. The secondary responsibilities are to manage and supervise all employees and operations of the Aquatics Division including both the leisure pool and competition pool, and beach in a professional manner. Other responsibilities include: program planning and administration, leadership and coaching for our competitive swim team, personnel and budget management, and aquatic facility and equipment management. Employees in this classification must represent the RecPlex in a professional manner, while instructing and monitoring personnel, members, guests, and program participants.
Below is a list of the job duties:
· Must be able to manage the competitive swim team including working with existing coaches and staff while growing the team in numbers and talent.
· Responsible for managing the Learn to Swim lesson program while growing participant numbers and swim instructors.
· Responsible for recruiting championship bids and the bid process for hosting and managing rented and hosted swim meets, open water swims, and events both indoor and outdoor.
· Interface with RecPlex Website, Guest Services, RecPlex Managers, and Business Office on all Aquatics Programming.
· Coordinate aquatics marketing plans.
· Must be capable of scheduling, training, supervising and evaluating a large number of lifeguards, swim instructors, and aquatic personnel of varying ages and emotional maturity.
· Must meet or exceed budget targets for revenues, and budget limits for labor costs and direct costs.
· Must facilitate staff meetings with aquatic staff and swim team.
· Must maintain administrative records and create reports including: attendance reports, program reports, payroll documentation including approval of employee time sheets, accident reports and personnel evaluations; conduct regular performance reviews, at prescribed intervals; keep staff informed of regular, new and upcoming activities, events, policies, programs and so on.
· Work with outside vendors and sponsors to make sure we are adhering to agreements and promoting best business practices.
· Must be able to coordinate with other recreation managers, facility supervisors and school administrators for scheduling and reservations of program facilities.
· Must create a positive hospitality and be accessible and visible.
· Must establish and maintain a set work schedule; ensure adequate coverage during all hours of operation; work within payroll budget in areas of responsibility.
· Must be energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
· Must know and enforce all RecPlex, Village and department rules, regulations, policies, standard operating procedures and guidelines.
· Must work shifts as Manager on Duty including: opening/closing of the facility; physical inspection of the entire building; ensure safety of employees and patrons in the facility and administer CPR or first aid as needed; set up, put away and maintain athletic equipment; maintain cash control of the safe and front desk drawer; complete paperwork.
· Must have the ability to apply principles of influence, such as motivation, incentive and leadership systems.
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Maintain effective working relationships with employees, peers, coordinators, and the public.
· Ability to visually monitor pool and beach areas and respond quickly to emergency situations.
· Ability to obtain and maintain preferred certifications.
· Requires the ability to perform highly skilled coordinated movements, such as utilizing a rescue tube, spinal board, Shepherd’s Crook and other safety and first aid procedures.
· Must have knowledge of life guarding techniques; Jeff Ellis & Associates swimming programs; pool safety; water chemistry.
· Must be able to perform other duties and special assignments as directed by the Operations Superintendent and Director of Recreation including assignments that may be outside the primary area of employment.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at: https://www.pleasantprairiewi.gov/. Go to the Human Resources Department and click to view the Employment page. You will be able to view the complete job description and apply online. Be sure to attach a cover letter and a resume along with your application.
If you have any further questions regarding this position, you can contact the RecPlex Recreation Director at 262/925-6736.