Location: 1111 West Washington Street, West Bend, WI 53095, USA
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Aquatics Lead assists in supervising and managing the YMCA aquatic department and programs.
- Works with the Aquatics Director to ensure the pool and its programs are operating at optimal safety and quality.
- Performs at least 25-35 hours per week regular direct service: lifeguarding, swim instruction, safety class instruction, aquatic group fitness and deck supervision.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations; maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Cooperates and assists other program directors in the administration of special events and activities; supports and volunteers to be a part of the Annual Scholarship Fundraising Campaign.
- Upholds YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
- Addresses member concerns in a timely manner and passes along information and concerns to the Aquatics Director and/or appropriate program director.
- Maintains cleanliness in the aquatic facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Lifeguarding, LGI, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor, WSI certifications are preferred; required within 30 days of hire.
- One to two years of related experience.
- Scheduled weeknight and weekend availability.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to react to emergency situations by quick movements, strenuous activity, and on occasion assist or lift persons in distress of varying weights.
- Required to remain alert to dangerous situations while sitting, standing, or walking for various lengths of time.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website for consideration at kmymca.org/careers