Applications due 11/10/19
Location: City of Las Vegas Centennial Hills Community Center, Operated by the YMCA, North Buffalo Drive, Las Vegas, NV, USA
With four state-of-the-art branches, three water parks and two indoor year-round pools, the Las Vegas Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment where you will discover your passion, grow your career and make an impact!
The Aquatics Director will manage our largest aquatics center at the Centennial Hills YMCA, ensure the Aquatics Department is meeting its monthly, quarterly, and annual goals and objectives, and ensure compliance with all Association standards and safety procedures. The Aquatics Director will hire, train, evaluate, motivate, and inspire staff and volunteers for all Aquatics Program areas, develop and manage the Aquatics Department budget, and provide leadership and support to other committees, as assigned.
The YMCA of Southern Nevada is not only the premiere non-profit in Las Vegas, it is also a great place to work, make a difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals! Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day.
We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and understand that our staff are our biggest asset! We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in each of our branches and are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff who will help us to strengthen our impact, empower our community and deliver incredible Aquatics programming!
- Direct and supervise program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Establishes new program activities and expands the program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Provide direct supervision to department staff on-site and off-site, assuring that all staff are qualified, certified, and are meeting minimum performance standards for their position.
- Ensure swim lessons are being instructed using the YMCA of the USA swim lesson program; create and ensure there is a nurturing environment for swim lesson participants.
- Recruit and hire staff using screening tools and panel interviews to gain the best possible fit for each opening.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line here:
Resumes can be submitted to:
Centennial Hills YMCA
6601 N Buffalo Dr.