Applications due 02/04/22
Date posted: January 14, 2022
Location: 1699 Deerfield Rd, Lebanon, OH, USA
- High School Diploma
- College degree or minimum 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Current Lifeguard certification (YMCA v6 Lifeguard)
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Oxygen certification
- Current First Aid certification
- Flexibility of schedule – position may require nights and weekends as needed to ensure adequate staffing.
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills; must have a competent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database programs to track employee and program data.
- Pool chemistry certification
- Pool Chemistry Trainer Certification
- YMCA Lifeguard v6 Instructor Certification
- YMCA v6 Lifeguard Trainer Certification
- Experience marketing aquatic programs through the community
- YMCA Team Leader certification is a plus
- Interview, hire, orient, supervise and provide ongoing training for:
- Lifeguard staff of 100+
- YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant staff of 20+
- Outdoor Pool Supervisors
- Aquatic Day Camp Staff of 8+
- Aquatic Coordinators
- Community Health and Safety Instructors
- Supervise the following Aquatic Programs:
- Aquatic Day Camp
- Aquatic Specialty Programs (SCUBA, Kayak)
- Community Health and Safety Courses (CPR, First Aid, Oxygen Administration)
- YMCA Lifeguard certification courses
- YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant certification courses
- Provide annual evaluations for eligible Lifeguard, YMCA Safety Assistants, Aquatic Coordinators, and Community Health and Safety Instructors
- Maintain current certifications for all Aquatic Department staff members
- Help maintain current certifications needed for all Countryside YMCA employees required to hold certification
- Provide monthly scheduling for all Lifeguards, YMCA Safety Assistants, Outdoor Pool Supervisors, Community Health and Safety Instructors and Aquatic Day Camp staff
- Expected to fill open shifts as needed
- Provide monthly scheduling for Aquatic Coordinators
- Expected to fill open shifts as needed
- Schedule and administer monthly in-service training for all Lifeguards, YMCA Safety Assistants, Outdoor Pool Supervisors and Aquatic Coordinators
- Schedule, promote and administer YMCA Lifeguard and YMCA Safety Assistant certification courses
- Expected to instruct as needed
- Create, maintain and communicate accurate monthly pool schedules to staff and members of the YMCA.
- Serve as Race Director and Event Organizer for the annual Healthy Kids Triathlon.
- Requires occasionally and/or frequently required to be on-call during normal and non-traditional operating hours in order to provide assistance to aquatic department staff regarding pool chemistry and maintenance
- Occasional to frequent on-site help required during non-traditional scheduled hours
- Provide training for all Aquatic Coordinators in pool chemistry/maintenance and the use of Personal Protective Equipment when working with chemicals
- Maintain and adjust as needed all aspects of pool chemistry and provide maintenance for 8 different pools on site
- Complete, on time, annual shut down and cleaning of 8 different pools yearly
- Perform daily pump room readings/logs
- Work with Warren County Health Department to ensure all aquatic facilities meet with local health standards
- Order/stock supplies of chemicals needed for the Aquatic Department and for the Maintenance Department as needed
- Follow all safety and risk management procedures, reporting any safety issues to the Executive Director
- Create and maintain the YMCA of the USA Aquatic Safety Plan. The plan will be reviewed, updated and approved every 2 years per the YMCA of the USA plan cycle.
- Assist in developing and achieving successful program budgets according to guidelines set by the Board of Directors
- Work with the Marketing Department to create advertising pieces for staff recruitment and aquatic programming utilizing social media, bulletins, newsletters, and school flyers
- Order/stock first aid and blood borne pathogen supplies/equipment to every area of Countryside YMCA including satellite sites (Landen, Otterbein, Maineville, East, and Clinton Massie)
- Assist in special events as needed
- Assist in Annual Campaign fundraising activities
- Attend new staff onboarding training and complete West Bend online trainings (Sexual Harassment, Child Abuse Prevention) within 30 days of hire
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to move, lift, carry, stand, push, pull, and be mobile during work shift.
- A frequent amount of sitting, standing and walking, reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Lifting requirement of the position may be greater depending on the particular job to be performed.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions (i.e. heat and humidity).
- This position regularly works with chemicals.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in the event of an emergency.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://countrysideymca.org/about-us/employment-opportunities.html
1699 Deerfield Rd
Lebanon, OH 45036
phone: 5139321424 x177