Applications due 02/10/23
Date posted: January 17, 2023
Location: 8326 Avalon Drive, Mercer Island, WA, USA
Merce Island Beach Club
Mercer Island Beach Club (MIBC) is seeking a full-time Aquatics Director to join the team providing leadership and management of Aquatic programs and pool operations.
- Develop, manage, and grow a comprehensive aquatics program (swim lessons, swim team, masters, aqua fitness) for the club.
- Provide oversight for pool’s operation, including maintenance and routine care, and management of all relevant pool, computer, and electronic equipment
- Work with the GM to develop and manage the annual Aquatics budget.
- Recruit, train and manage staff including lifeguards, swim instructors, Masters & swim team coaches.
- Ensure health code compliance of facility.
- Develop & maintain pool safety program.
- Build positive working relationships with staff, members, and outside vendors/contractors
- Manage Aquatics website content & pool calendars
- Lead and motivate staff and athletes
Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Full-time, year-round
- Thrives on working in a collaborative environment.
- Is adaptable.
- Has ownership and strong work ethic.
- Enjoys interacting with members and building community.
- Experience in managing a pool facility and staff.
- Certified Pool Operator (or obtained within the first 90 days of employment)
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid Certification
- Experience in youth development through aquatics, aquatics safety and program management.
- The physical ability to perform rescue and teaching techniques, routine pool duties including lifting and moving pool lines, lifeguard stands, touch pads, lane lines, covers and other pool equipment (50lbs).
- Excellent organization and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Lifeguard Instructor (LGI)
- Certified Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word & Excel, Google Workspace and Meet Manager
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply online at www.mibeachclub.com.
8326 Avalon Drive
Mercer Island, WA 98040
phone: 206-232-3125 ext. 103