Job Title: Aquatics Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: President and CEO
Date: October 10, 2018
The Aquatics Director at the YMCA of Greenwich oversees the high quality day-to-day operations of aquatic programs, manage staff, and grow program participation, in both pools. Critical competencies include; lifeguard management, financial/payroll acumen, also a plus general knowledge of pool maintenance with CPO certification and swim lesson experience.
1. Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
2. Monitors daily operations of both pools to adhere to all state, local, and YMCA health and safety regulations. Maintains accurate records of chemical levels of both pools.
3. Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams. Onboard and develops them for success. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR training. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
4. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
5. Manages the program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistic to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program; securing and scheduling the pool facilities; and creating and scheduling the classes, practices and meets.
6. Works closely with Facilities Director to maintain functionality and cleanliness of both pools.
• Communication with all constituencies: coaches, swim instructors, members, lifeguards and other staff.
• Developing Self and Others.
• Engaging Community while promoting our Aquatic Programs.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience (e.g., as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor).
• YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
• Within 60 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, CPR/AED, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens,
Lifeguard training and CPO license.
• Ability to prepare, monitor and control budgets.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Active.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Full time position; schedule flexibility a must; some weekends required.
• Salary: As agreed upon.
• Full benefits package as defined in the employee manual.
How to Apply
E-mail cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Andrea Basso, Director of Human Resources