Applications due 03/26/22
Date posted: November 22, 2021
Location: 150 Piping Rock Road, Locust Valley, NY, USA
We are a private country club located on the North Shore of Long Island, NY. we are currently seeking a Manager of Instruction to run our summer pool and beach program. The position runs from May 27 through September 11 for 2022, but we understand if candidates for the position have other commitments at the beginning and end of the season.
Responsible for all pool deck supervision and instruction.
- Provides lessons and clinics relating to the techniques and strategies of swimming and diving to members and guests.
- Plans and directs swimming instruction programs, in accordance with American Red Cross standards.
- Arranges a program and schedules for private and group swimming and diving lessons.
- Acts as coach of PRC swim and dive teams.
- Schedules and attends practice sessions
- Maintains all lesson and clinic records.
- Bills all lessons and clinics into POS system.
- Maintains presence during special pool and beach events.
- Acts as Head Lifeguard and manages, schedules, and supervises the Lifeguard staff
- Provides orientation and trains Lifeguard staff in Lifeguarding (Pool/Sound)/CPR/ AED/First Aid.
- Ensures that all payroll is verified on a weekly basis.
- Arranges for uniforms for staff.
- Maintains an accurate record of all lessons and clinics given, with accurate billing.
- Creates and manages swim instruction program for Sports Group.
- Evaluates Sports Group campers for swimmer/non-swimmer designation.
- Maintains a courteous, polite, and helpful relationship with members and guests.
- Tests pool water regularly to ensure proper chemical balance.
- Notifies Aquatic Director, Grounds, and Maintenance Department of safety issues concerning chemical imbalance or maintenance issues on the pool deck and beach area.
- Attends scheduled Beach Committee meetings.
We offer a competitive salary plus commissions on lessons. We are willing to assist on temporary housing. We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Rob Gasperetti, H.R. Director, at [email protected] Phone inquiries can be made to Rob at (516) 470-9689.
150 Piping Rock Road