Location: Conway, AR, USA
Aquakids Swim Team in Conway, AR has an immediate opening for a Head Coach. We are seeking a passionate coach committed to motivating and developing athletes from novice to state and national levels. The team currently has around 75 registered swimmers ages 6-18. The team currently has swimmers qualified for Zones, Sectionals, NSCA Juniors and Junior Nationals.
1. 3+ years experience as a head coach or head age-group coach at a USA certified swim club.
2. Demonstrated history of successfully developing competitive, high-performance swimmers and successfully progressing them from an age group program to the national level.
3. Knowledgeable in and able to communicate current and proper stroke technique and development, dryland conditioning programs and taper strategies for all swimmers from age group through senior swimmers.
4. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
5. Able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
6. Able to manage and mentor staff of assistant coaches, ensuring implementation of team philosophy and goals.
7. Ability to communicate with parents and board members.
8. ASCA Level 3 certification (or equivalent) required, Level 4 preferred.
9. Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications.
10. Familiarity with Team Unify, Hy-Tek, and other swimming social media and software programs.
11. Bachelor’s degree required.
12. Significant national club or collegiate swimming experience preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF HEAD COACH INCLUDE:
1. Oversee and supervise the training program for all swim groups and clinics.
2. Coordinate the practice and swim meet schedule.
3. Effectively supervise, mentor and delegate responsibilities to the staff of assistant coaches.
4. Serve as the primary deck coach for the Senior level swimmers.
5. Identify and effectively correct technique deficiencies for swimmers in all groups.
6. Attend monthly board meetings, provide a monthly coach’s report, conduct staff meetings, and execute staff reviews and swimmer evaluations.
7. Set team meet schedules for the SCY and LCM seasons and assist in organizing the home meet.
8. Encourage a fun, interactive, yet highly competitive atmosphere that self-motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their personal goals and expectations. Lead by example.
9. Oversee meet information, results, publicity, travel, newsletter and website content.
10. Motivate swimmers and parents for full participation and enthusiasm.
11. Recruit, retain, and grow the team.
Salary & Benefits: Personal & Vacation benefits. Competitive salary ($38,000+ based on level/experience) and bonus incentives.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter detailing experience and coaching philosophy, resume, salary expectations and three professional references to Brian Wilson, [email protected]