Swimpro Aquatics is a privately owned year round swim club founded in 1989. Our focus is on development of sportsmanship, striving for personal best performance and creating a life long love of swimming. Our swim lesson program feeds our beginner practice level of swim team. Age range is 5-18.
AGE GROUP COACH : The ideal candidate needs to be energetic, knowledgeable, and able to communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. Candidates must be able to work as part of a coaching team and with one or more groups in the age-group and/or senior programs. Must be versatile and do whatever the team needs.
- Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
- 3 + years of USA or AAU coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups. Practices are M-F afternoons. Meets on Saturdays.
- Strong stroke technique background & teaching base.
- Strong customer service and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must take direction from the Owner/Founder but have the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Team Unify, TM and MM – team administration skills are key.
- Must be energetic, give feedback daily to every swimmer, and be a self-starter.
- Experience with daily workout and season planning.
- LGT, first aid, CPR (will train).
- Dry-land conditioning and weight training experience a definite plus.
- Background check.
- Responsible for effectively coaching one or more age group levels as well as setting a strong positive, enthusiastic and highly energetic coaching tone for all age groups.
- Oversees and manages process of meet selection, meet entries, and scheduling and coordinating of home and out of town meets.
- Communicates, consults and works closely with Owner including attending meetings with reports and updates on the team’s performance and progress.
- Develops and implements the latest and most effective training plans in stroke technique, training, dryland progressions, and taper strategies for a range of swimmer ages and abilities.
- Provides active involvement in the recruitment, development and the progression of swimmers in all of our age groups to grow and maintain team membership.
- Communicates with families and swimmers through a variety of channels and methods, including regular swimmer/parent newsletters, email, Team website, etc.
- Works with swimmers in determining appropriate goals and fosters in swimmers important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life
- Organize and run small start/turn/stroke clinics.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to Team Owner Carol Wright: [email protected] or,
PO Pox 364
Westford, Ma 01886
** NO RECRUITERS PLEASE**
PO BOX 364
Westford, Ma 01886