The purpose of this position is to serve as the head coach of the age group swim team handling administrative duties for the age group team as well as deck coaching and conducting workouts for the age group team, all in support of the mission of Boilermaker Aquatics (BA).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Age Group Head Coach with administrative duties including but not limited to meet entries, club correspondence, fundraising efforts, awards banquets, event planning and drafting workouts for various groups
- Coordinate and conduct workouts for the age group team and communicate to these groups regarding participation in BA activities.
- Manage administrative duties: Billing, Registration and general club needs.
- Attend all competitions (local & travel)
- Supervise 3-4 assistant age group coaches
- Season planning for age group program (swimming/dryland)
- Assist Head Coach with senior team training
- Maintain all required certifications and remain in good standing with United States Swimming and Indiana Swimming.
Team Work: Able to share credit with coworkers; displays enthusiasm and promote a friendly work environment; works closely with other coaches/groups, as necessary; supports group decisions; displays team spirit.
Relationship Management: Able to develop rapport and positive professional relationships with others; builds and maintains long-term associations based on trust; helps others.
Independent Thinker: Able to think for oneself and offer original thoughts and viewpoints. Willing to express divergent opinions, yet can accept necessary supervision, structure and group decisions.
Energizing Others: Able to exhibit a “can-do” approach and inspires associates to excel; uses competition to encourage others; develops performance standards and confronts negative attitudes; develops team spirit.
Interpersonal: Able to relate effectively to a wide range of people, personalities and demographics; is able to “connect” with others in a variety of circumstances so that people are able to feel a level of comfort and ease around that person.
Continuous Learning: Able to stay informed of current industry or professional trends; learns and applies new concepts and demonstrates career self-reliance; identifies own self-development goals.
Excellent Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with swimmers, parents, colleagues; listens well
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 4-6 years of experience in coaching swimming
- 1-2 years of experience as a head age group coach
- USA Swimming certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals will need to sit, stand and walk as needed. The position will require walking primarily on a level surface for long periods throughout the day. This position will be required to work outdoors.
This position typically works 40-50 hours per week. Incumbent will use the following equipment in the course of performing his/her duties: TeamUnify software, Daktronics and Colorado timing systems, dryland equipment.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
How to Apply
Resumes may be sent via email to [email protected]