Applications due 04/26/21
Date posted: April 5, 2021
Location: 775 W End Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
YMCA of NWNC (RipTYDE)
TYDE AGE-GROUP DEVELOPMENTAL COACH
This Part-Time (28 hours a week) position will report to the Director of Competitive Swimming & Head Coach and will be a key part of the TYDE Leadership Team. In accordance with the Association’s and Branch’s policies and procedures, the Lead Development Coach will assist both the Head Swim Coach and Head Age Group Coach in providing direct leadership, planning, instruction, and motivation for our development team members (Prep and Bronze groups) with the overall objective in strengthening our TYDE community.
Some key responsibilities of this position will be to develop and lead select Prep Academy and Bronze group practices, assist in recruiting new swimmers, working with the Head Coach in Prep and Bronze program development and assisting with the organization of Prep and TYDE hosted swim meets.
Schedule will vary based on practice and meet schedules. Evening and weekend availability is required in order to coach practices and support athletes at swim meets. Age-Group Developmental Coach will also be required to participate in TYDE’s weekly staff meeting and strategic planning when necessary.
- A passion for swimming with a minimum of three (3) years experience coaching age group (7-12) competitive swimmers while creating leaders in and out of the pool. YMCA experience preferred. A bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- All YMCA coaches who work with competitive swimmers must maintain current certifications in the following: Lifeguarding, Safety Training for Swim Coaches (including in-water), CPR, First Aid, and Y Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving and YMCA Legally Required Training or have ability to obtain within 60 days.
- All coaches must also maintain active membership with USA swimming and appropriate certifications to include: Background Check, APT, Foundations 101 & 201, USAS Rules & Regs or have ability to obtain within 60 days. ASCA membership is a plus.
- Experience with HyTek Team Manager, Meet Manager, Team Unify and Microsoft Office, Google Applications are a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate with people in a positive but firm manner and possess mature judgment, sound decision-making, and be a team player capable of developing and maintaining harmonious relationships with all participants, staff, and the general public.
- Has an attitude of continual personal and professional development.
- Is innovative in approach and is able to maintain knowledge of the latest research and developments in swimming and swim coaching.
- Has high personal and professional ethical standards.
- Must present an appearance and an image consistent with the YMCA.
- Directly coaches Prep and Bronze groups. Location will be TBD.
- Attends swim meets as directed by the Head Coach.
- Enforces attendance and discipline policies for Prep and Bronze level swimmers when appropriate.
- Maintain a focus on technique, skill development while promoting the enjoyment of swimming
- Prepare practices on a weekly basis based on phase of training and swimmer’s needs/abilities.
- Coordinate training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach.
- Oversee management of Prep Academy and Bronze level programs to ensure there is a smooth transition and progression between groups.
- Serve as liaison with Aquatics Directors to ensure a smooth transition between YMCA offered swim lessons and TYDE’s Prep program.
- Be the primary coordinator of TYDE Prep hosted swim meets, including planning, organization and preparation.
- Attend and participate in all pertinent meetings (team, LSC, etc.).
- Help determine swimmers’ events for meet entries.
- Assist in providing educational information to parents.
- Attend activities and events as determined by Head Coach.
- Perform all other tasks and responsibilities as directed by Head Coach.
How to Apply
Please also include a resume and cover letter which can also be sent to [email protected]
775 West End Blvd
Winston Salem, NC 27101
phone: 336 721 2100 ext 6282