Applications due 11/15/20
Location: 1 Federation Way STE 200, Irvine, CA 92603, USA
Age Group Coach(s) – 2 coaches needed
The Merage Jewish Community Center of Orange County in Irvine, Ca is seeking an experienced coach for the JCC Waves Swimming Team and Aquatics Department. This position is open immediately.
Duties involve pioneering swimmer development from the Competitive Group to the Championship Group. This bridge into 11&up competitive swimming will involve skill recognition and talent identification. Continuing to foster that talent into the 10-12yr old into the Competition group. Team goal: Developing a strong base of swimmers for years to come. Come be a member of the community of swimmers at the JCC.
- This coach will have a significant role in developing, modifying, and executing JCC Waves 10 & under age group program development. This will have a team-wide impact.
- Primary coach for the 10 & under Competitive Group and assists the Fitness I group.
- Create a roadmap for swimmers to move into the Champion I group.
- Create and execute daily workouts, including setting up the pool for practices, for Competitive and Fitness I.
- Additional collaboration with other groups as needed including substitute coaching a group from time to time.
- Provide a positive, encouraging, and challenging atmosphere in which all swimmers, regardless of ability, may improve their skills.
- Treat all swimmers with equal care and concern, regardless of ability.
- Attend additional practices during summer months or holidays in the am hours.
- Create a competitive environment in which the swimmers in Competitive and Fitness I groups have a large avenue to succeed. Stroke acquisition and training utilization is a priority.
- Input/enter, update, and track swim meet entries, results, and time improvements for Competitive and Fitness I through the Team Unify system.
- Develop goal setting with the swimmers in the fall and again in the spring.
- Maintain a positive and supportive attitude toward the other members of the coaching staff, swimmers of all ability, and parents.
- Clock in hours in the ADP system.
- Create content for the JCC Waves using email, social media, and team web site.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Social Media
- Must be organized, possess good customer service, communication skills (parents & swimmers), and be dedicated to working for the Aquatic Community at the JCC.
- Part-Time – 16 hours per week at $16.00 to $18.00
- The opportunity to teach swim and stroke lessons during non-swim team hours is available immediately.
- Swim meet sessions for 10 & unders up to 4 meet sessions per month.
- As needed swim meet sessions during a championship meet or as substitutes for another coach.
- Continuing education, including ASCA, NFHS, ISCA, etc. classes, paid for. (Membership to associations not included)
- Occasional professional clinics admission paid for. Travel cost not included unless budgeted from the prior year.
How to Apply
Reports to Supervisor: Chris Duncan, Director of Aquatics & Head Coach JCC Waves
Email [email protected] with your resume
1 Federation Way Irvine Ca. 92603
phone: 94943563400 ex.144