Applications due 12/31/16
- Minimum 3 years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach
- Must be current on all USA Swimming coach membership requirements
- Must be in good standing with all USA Swimming safety and background check requirements
- Support, develop and show measurable success at coaching groups 3, 5 & 7 at Santa Margarita Catholic High School (please visit website for more group information – www.gatorsswimclub.com) and work in cooperation with the team director to identify direction and objective for each group.
- Coaching responsibilities will start at 5:00pm and end at 7:00pm, Monday – Friday.
- Develop a season plan inclusive of swim meets, team building activities, parent communication and milestones that you expect to achieve for each group.
- Complete swim meet entries in a timely manner taking into consideration the individual needs of each swimmer entered in the meet.
- Attend swim meets that include the participation of swimmers that you coach.
- Coordinate goal meetings with each swimmer and align coach/swimmer goals for the season.
- Attend monthly coach’s meetings and share best practices.
- Attend monthly committee meetings when requested to do so.
- Develop and maintain a dryland program that includes age-appropriate activities that will help in each swimmer’s core strength development.
- Attend and support team activities that may be outside of the coaching realm.
- Take attendance at each practice.
- Communicate effectively with the administrative staff
- Communicate any time-off that does not fall within the vacation time description in the benefits section.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience (Range between $12.50 – $25.00/hr.)
- Generous swim meet stipend
- Medical benefits*
- 2-week vacation built in to coordinate with end of season
- Personal time-off allowance
- Continuing education opportunities
*Medical benefits active after 90-day probation period conclude
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, 3 references and a brief description of your coaching philosophy to Team Director Felipe Delgado at [email protected]
23854 Via Fabricante Unit G4
Mission Viejo, CA 92691