Date posted: January 13, 2023
Location: 1 Mangini Way Burlingame, CA 94010
Under the supervision of the Head Coach (HC), the Lead Age Group Coach (Lead Coach) is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high quality training and education program to meet the needs of the assigned groups of the BAC Age Group Swim Team. Our goal is for our team to grow in quantity and quality as a competitive swim team within the Zone 1 North of Pacific Swimming and USA Swimming. The Lead Coach is the primary point of contact for the swimmers and parents in his/her assigned groups, and must ensure that a professional level program is offered at all times.
We have a full-time position with benefits, as well as part-time positions. The successful full-time candidate will be expected to work a minimum of 32 hours per week, while part-time will be expected to work 10-12 hours per week.
The Lead Coach will be the LEAD on:
- Maintaining a season plan for all group(s) coached.
- Communicating with all group(s) coached. This will include a weekly email as well as any additional support emails that must be addressed over the course of the week.
- Managing assigned pool space (lane set-up, covers). Please allow 15 minutes on the pool deck immediately before a scheduled practice and 15 minutes immediately following to assess your pool situation and to answer parent/swimmer questions.
- Educating swimmers and parents on team culture and competitive swimming etiquette.
- Maintaining good standing as a coach member of USA Swimming
The HC will require support from the Lead Coach on the following:
- Attend meets as assigned by HC
- Fundraising efforts. This could be organizing a fundraiser with a local restaurant, our annual Lap-A-Thon, Silent Auction, etc.
- Technique Clinics
- Maintaining a proper work schedule under federal, state, and BAC employment guidelines
- Assisting with one or multiple training groups, as agreed upon with the HC
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the HC
The Lead Coach is responsible for:
- The contents of the BAC Employee Handbook
- Logging daily attendance for swim group(s)
- Ensuring the safety of swimmers (staying with swimmers if we are closing)
- Logging hours daily in ADP app
- Attend weekly staff meetings
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Head Coach Ben Chung [email protected]