Date posted: November 5, 2021
Location: Kingwood, Houston, TX, USA
With a roster of over 250 athletes, and utilization of 3 local pools, BTA is seeking motivated and experienced coaches to lead groups within our growing team. They will work with the Head Coach and other Lead Coaches to develop the team through technique-based practices, team building, and advanced training. BTA wants to provide every swimmer an opportunity to improve their swimming skills to the best of their ability and achieve success in a safe environment.
- Lead or assist practices on weekday afternoons/evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Assist in the development of the Age Group Programs in coordination with the other coaches.
- Ensure athletes are prepared for a successful transition to the next level group.
- Coach with energy, passion, and engagement.
- Maintain high standards, both personally and of athletes.
- Provide opportunities for swimmer goal setting and evaluation meetings.
- Attend team events, swim meets and fundraising activities.
- Participate in continuing education – always learning new strategies to become a better coach.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and open communications with swimmers and parents.
- Any other job duties and responsibilities, as assigned, from the Head Coach.
Qualifications & Preferences
- Minimum of 2 years coaching experience required for full-time positions. Prior competitive swimming experience preferred.
- Strong stroke technique background.
- Proficiency in running multi-level workouts for athletes with varying skill/experience levels.
- Patience and ability to have fun while working with and teaching both younger and older swimmers.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Maintain all coach and safety certifications. Member in good standing with LSC and USA Swimming.
Compensation and Benefits
BTA offers a competitive hourly or salary pay commensurate with experience, as well as paid vacation time and financial support for professional development.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and 3 personal references to: [email protected]
P.O. Box 5625
Kingwood, Texas 77325