Date posted: August 16, 2022
Location: Bridgewater, NJ, USA
Greater Somerset County YMCA (GSCY) is a local nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. At GSCY, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships and resources necessary to learn, grow and thrive.
To learn more about GSCY, visit our website: http://gscymca.org
Reporting to the Director of Competitive Aquatics the primary function of the Associate Director of Competitive Aquatics is to serve as the Head Age Group Coach for the 13 & over program; assist in developing, organizing and implementing a high quality, member-focused YMCA competitive aquatics program and enable swimmers to grow as individuals, achieve their goals as swimmers, and expand their overall potential.
- Assists in management of competitive Swim Team program with a focus on development of competitive skills as well as teamwork, persistence, positive attitude, and core values.
- Develops annual training schedules, plans and strategies to motivate and engage participants in order to achieve program goals.
- Manage, design, and implement season planning/communication for practice groups
- Provide supervision, direction, and support to the 13 over age group coaching staff
- Works with Swim Team Parents Organization (STPO) to promote and support team by distributing program information
- Responsible for accurately entering swim meet information and effectively communicating to parents in a professional and timely manner
- Assists in developing/monitoring program budget to meet fiscal objectives
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, developing, scheduling and directing coaching staff and volunteers as needed.
- Assists in reviewing and evaluating staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Assists in the marketing, communication and distribution of swim team program information.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Assists in securing and scheduling pool space.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Serves as manager-on-duty as scheduled.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Adheres to all state, local, and YMCA health and safety regulations
- Responsible for complying with all Somerset County YMCA Policies and Procedures
- Adheres and incorporates the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and educates members about the YMCA mission and goals.
- Assist with collaborating and building relationships within the Branch, Association and community organizations, in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Competitive Aquatic Director.
- Actively participate in trainings, seminars, special events, and meetings as required.
- Competitive swimming experience and ASCA certification (level 1 or higher) preferred
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years of coaching experience with various ages
- Must be in good standing with USA Swimming
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, member engagement, staff development, administrative and communication skills
- Has solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- LGI, WSI, and CPO License is a plus
- This position also requires Bloodborne Pathogens and HAZMAT, Oxygen Administration and related courses as well as knowledge of the NJ Bathing Code, will train.
Benefits of working full-time at GSCY include:
- FREE family membership to Greater Somerset County YMCA, including full access to all of our branch facilities including Bridgewater YMCA, Hillsborough YMCA, Somerset Hills YMCA, and Somerville YMCA
- FREE nationwide membership with access to over 2,500 YMCA locations across the country
- Discounted program fees
- Paid sick leave and short-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous 12% retirement contribution to the YMCA Retirement Fund after eligibility period (no employee contribution required)
- Medical and dental insurance with prescription coverage
- Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for medical and/or dependent care
- 100% contribution towards life insurance and long-term disability
- Optional additional life insurance and dependent life insurance available at low rates
- 403(b) Smart Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off policy
- 6 paid holidays
- 50% discount on child care from 3mo. And aftercare through middle school
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
How to Apply
Apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7ae6b50a-58fc-41ba-a3bd-41d1b0acdf45&ccId=1586553095714451_694&jobId=440759&lang=en_US&source=EN