SOUTH FLORIDA DIVING INVITATIONAL
PRESS RELEASE – FIU
MIAMI (Feb. 7, 2020) – The FIU diving team ended the regular season with a dominant performance at the South Florida Diving Invitational on Friday, Feb.7.
FIU faced off from 1-meter, 3-meter and platform diving boards against FAU, FGCU and Indian River at the Coral Springs Aquatic Center on Friday morning.
From the 1-meter seniors Brittany Haskell and Brooke Bouchard posted third and fourth-place finishes with scores of 258.74 and 243.68, respectively. Once again, Mandy Song dominated the 3-meter event placing in the number one spot with the a score of 374.55. The reigning C-USA Diver of the Week now holds the FIU school record from the 3-meter.
FIU sealed the deal from the platfrom, claiming the top four spots with Maha Gouda at number one (292.13) and Kaitlyn Fredericks in the number two (265.65). Rachel Foord finished third with a score of 259.95 and Song took fourth with her score of 254.70.
The South Florida Invitational marks the completion of the regular season for the diving squad. The swimming and diving team will complete two weeks of training before heading to the Conference USA Tournament to defend their title for the sixth-straight year. Action begins Wednesday, Feb. 26 in Atlanta, Georgia.
1. Malvina Catalno (FAU) – 300.30
2. Gabriella Tolento (Indian River) – 270.90
3. Brittany Haskell (FIU) – 258.75
4. Brooke Bouchard (FIU) – 243.68
5. Delaney Nelson (FGCU) – 231.98
6. Alyssa Schmidt (FGCU) – 230.93
7. Kasey Crooks (Indian River) – 192.60
1. Mandy Song (FIU) – 374.55
2. Maha Gouda (FIU) – 325.28
3. Rachel Foord (FIU)- 321.45
4. Reese Wakerfield (FGCU) – 283.73
5. Brittany Haskell (FIU) – 278.18
6. Gabriella Tolento (Indian River) – 269.63
7. Kaitlyn Fredericks (FIU) – 258.75
8. Brooke Bouchard (FIU) – 257.18
9. Delaney Nelson (FGCU) – 248.02
10. Isabeau Keen (FGCU) – 242.10
11. Natalie Keffer (FGCU) – 233.93
12. Alyssa Schmidt (FGCU) – 210.15
13. Kasey Crooks (Indian River) – 197.18
1. Maha Gouda (FIU) – 292.13
2. Kaitlyn Fredericks (FIU) – 265.65
3. Rachel Foord (FIU) – 259.95
4. Mandy Song (FIU) – 254.70
5. Taylor Downs (FAU) – 219.23
6. Maya Cusumano (FAU) – 198.08
7. Natalie Keffer (FGCU) – 156.98
8. Isabeau Keene (FGCU) – 135.08
Get all the latest information on the team by following on Twitter (@FIUSwimDive), Facebook @FIUSwimmingandDiving) and on Instagram (@FIU_Swim_Dive). General athletic news can also be found at @FIUSportson Facebook and @FIUAthletics on Twitter and Instagram.
PRESS RELEASE – FAU
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla.– The Florida Atlantic University men’s and women’s diving team rounded out their final meet of the regular season on Friday in Coral Springs, Florida. Three different Owls achieved more NCAA Zone qualifying scores and four different divers marked new lifetime best scores.
- Malvina Catalano took first place in the 1-meter with a score of 300.30. Her lifetime best score was an NCAA Zone qualifying feat
- On the platform, Taylor Downs finished fifth with a personal best of 219.23 and was followed by Maya Cusumano in sixth, who also earned a personal best score (198.08)
- On the men’s side, Logan Downey (319.20) and Charlie Greene (228.80) finished first and second, respectively in the 1-meter. Downey qualified for NCAA Zones with his score
- Michael Cannatelli captured first in the 3-meter with a score of 320.78 to qualify for his first Zones. The sophomore was followed by Downey in second (309.23) and Greene in fourth (280.88). Greene also achieved a new personal best
- Cannatelli finished the day on the platform in third place (232.58)
FAU’s men’s team will take on the Costal Collegiate Sports Association Championships from Feb. 19-22 in Knoxville, Tenn., while the women will head to Atlanta for the Conference USA Championships from Feb. 26-29. For complete coverage of FAU swimming & diving, follow along on Twitter (@fauswimdive), Instagram (@fauswimdive) and Facebook.