2016 RIO OLYMPIC GAMES
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Swimming: August 6-13
- Olympic Aquatics Stadium, Barra Olympic Park, Rio de Janeiro
- Prelims – 9:00 a.m/12:00 p.m PST/EST (1:00 p.m local), Finals – 6:00 p.m/9:00 p.m PST/EST (10:00 p.m local)
- SwimSwam previews
- Rio Schedule & Results
- Live Stream (NBC)
The relay lineups for tonight have been released, and it is Maya Dirado who gets the nod for the Americans in the 800 free relay. Neither Missy Franklin or Melanie Margalis (both 1:57.0) did anything special this morning, opening the door for the coaching staff to go off the board with Dirado.
Though she didn’t swim the race at Trials, Dirado has been on point all week winning silver in the 400 IM and bronze in the 200 IM. She swam a best time of 1:57.70 in early June which proved her ability in this race.
Take a look at the full lineups below:
- Japan (C.Igarashi, S.Mochida, T.Aoki, R.Ikee)
- Hungary (Z.Jakabos, A.Kesely, B.Kapas, K.Hosszu)
- China (S.Duo, A.Yanhan, D.Jie, Z.Yuhan)
- United States (A.Schmitt, L.Smith, M.Dirado, K.Ledecky)
- Australia (L.Neale, E.McKeon, B.Barratt, T.Cook)
- Russia (V.Popova, V.Andreeva, D.Ustinova, A.Openysheva)
- Canada (K.Savard, T.Ruck, B.Maclean, P.Oleksiak)
- Sweden (M.Coleman, I.Marko-Varga, S.Sjostrom, L.Hansson)
Along with the Americans adding Dirado, Katie Ledecky and Leah Smith to their lineup, five of the seven other teams also altered their lineup from the morning.
Hungary added Zsuzsanna Jakabos and removed Evelyn Verraszto, China added Shen Duo and removed Yang Shijia, and the Australians exchanged Jessica Ashwood for Emma McKeon.
The Russians moved out Daria Mullakaeva in favor of backstroke specialist Daria Ustinova, and the Canadians made two lineup changes, adding Penny Oleksiak and Brittany Maclean (who was reported sick this morning) in exchange for Emily Overholt and Kennedy Goss.
Sweden and Japan have gone with the same lineups as this morning, though Sweden has moved Sarah Sjostrom up one position from the anchor to 3rd.