The Swedish swimming federation has announced its 19-strong roster for the 2018 European Championships set for August in Glasgow, Scotland. 8 women and 11 men compose the line-up, led by world record holder Sarah Sjostrom.
Sjostrom is slated to compete in the 50m and 100m freestyle, as well as the 50m and 100m fly. Recently at the Swim Open in Stockholm, Sjostrom sent shock waves through the world rankings, nailing winning efforts across all 4 of the aforementioned events. Her season-best times of 25.11 in the 50m fly and 56.35 in the 100m fly both take the #1 spot in the world rankings, while her 24.08 50m free and 52.77 100m free are positioned as the 3rd fastest globally.
Among the Swedes joining Sjostrom in Glasgow will be Louise Hansson, the sophomore from USC who won her school’s first-ever 100 yards butterfly title at this year’s NCAA Championships, Her time of 49.80 checks in as the 2nd fastest mark in history. She is expected to compete in the 50m and 100m fly, as well as the 100m freestyle in Glasgow.
- Hanna Eriksson, Jönköping S, 200 fr, 400 fr
- Jessica Eriksson, Uddevalla S, 50 br
- Louise Hansson, Helsingborg S, 100 fl, 50 fl, 100 fr
- Sophie Hansson, Helsingborg S, 50, 100, 200 br
- Sara Junevik, Falu S, 50 and 100 fl
- Magdalena Kuras, SK Triton, team
- Ida Lindborg, Malmö KK, 50 back
- Sarah Sjöström, Södertörn S, 50, 100 fr 50, 100 fl
- Christoffer Carlsen, Helsingborg S, 100 fr
- Gustaf Dahlman, Västerås S, team
- Isak Eliasson, Spårvägen S, team
- Robin Hanson, Järfälla S, team
- Gustav Hökfelt, SK Neptun, 50, 100, 200 back
- Victor Johansson, Jönköping S, 400 fr, 800 fr, 1500 fr
- Adam PaulssonSK Elfsborg, 400 fr, 400 IM
- Erik Persson, Kungsbacka S, 100, 200 breast
- Björn Seeliger, Södertälje S, 50 fr
- Simon Sjödin, SK Neptun, 100 fl
- Johannes Skagius, Sundsvall S, 50 and 100 br
You can refresh yourself on the selection procedures for Sweden here.