2017 BRITISH SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Tuesday, April 18th – Sunday, April 23rd
- Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Sheffield
- Qualifying Times Analysis (for this meet)
- Qualifying Times Analysis (for 2017 World Championships GBR squad)
- Meet Site
- Psych Sheets
- Live Stream
- Live Results
In Friday’s finals session, Anderson swam 54.35, which just beat out 2016 Olympian Siobhan-Marie O’Connor by .02 seconds for her first career national championship.
That snuck her under own British Age Record of 54.40 done in prelims, which in turn beat the old 16-year olds record of 54.80 done by Halsall. Anderson’s time is also better than the 54.53 Halsall went when she was 17.
Anderson was out a little slower in finals than she was in prelims, but the result was a better overall time:
- Anderson Morning Splits: 26.58/27.82
- Anderson Evening Splits: 26.71/27.64
Anderson remains as the 5th-fastest British performer (at any age) in the history of the event: