2016 U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS
- Sunday June 26th-Sunday July 3rd, 2016
- Century Link Center – Omaha, Nebraska
- Friday-Sunday – Prelims – 11:00 am EDT Finals – 7:45 pm EDT
- SwimSwam Preview Links & Schedule
- NBC Televison Coverage Schedule
- Psych Sheets
- Sunday heat sheets
- Live results
Tonight, in the championship final of the women’s 50 free, Abbey Weitzeil of Canyons Aquatics clocked the all-time fastest American textile performance, improving upon her fastest American textile swim from last night.
See the American all-time rankings below:
- Dara Torres: 24.07 (2008 Beijing Olympics)
- Amanda Weir: 24.23 (2009 World Championships)
- Abbey Weitzeil: 24.28 (2016 Olympic Trials finals)
- Simone Manuel: 24.33 (2016 Olympic Trials finals)
- Madison Kennedy: 24.39 (2016 Olympic Trials semis)
That time holds Weitzeil as the sixth-fastest swimmer this year in the world rankings, behind only Cate Campbell (or, if you’ve been keeping up with our Australian coverage, C1) with 23.84, Ranomi Kromowidjojo with 24.07, Sarah Sjostrom with 24.17, Fran Halsall with 24.21, and Bronte Campbell (C2) with 24.24.
(On a completely unrelated note, and speaking of Sjostrom, the Swedish sprinting wonder would have placed third in tonight’s race with her 50 BUTTERFLY time from the 2014 Swedish Championships, a world record 24.43.)
Weitzeil will take on the 50 free, the 100 free (53.28), and the 400 free relay in Rio.