2019 LEN EUROPEAN SHORT COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, December 4th – Sunday, December 8th
- Tollcross International Swimming Centre, Glasgow, Scotland
- Entry List
- Competition Schedule
- Live Results
- Results Documents
- Live Video – LEN TV
- Day 1 Prelims Start Lists
Russian sprinter Vladimir Morozov showed his versatility with a European title and a continental record in the 50 breaststroke at 25.51.
Morozov, 27, dominated the event late in the first finals session of Short Course Euros. In the final individual event of the day, Morozov crushed a 25.51, besting the field by three tenths of a second and taking a tenth off the standing European record. It was a record windfall for Morozov. His European record was also the meet record (both were set by Italy’s Fabio Scozzoli when he won gold in 2017 with a 25.62), and he also took down a Russian record held by Kirill Prigoda at 25.68.
The swim should move Morozov to #3 all-time in the event:
Top 50 SCM Breaststrokers, All-Time
- Cameron van der Burgh (RSA) – 25.25 (2010)
- Roland Schoeman (RSA) – 25.45 (2010)
- Vladimir Morozov (RUS) – 25.51 (2019)
- Fabio Scozzoli (ITA) – 25.62 (2017)
- Felipe Franca (BRA) – 25.63 (2014)
Making the feat more impressive, Morozov came right off that win to anchor Russia’s 4×50 freestyle relay. With only about 13 minutes between events, Morozov split 20.25 and Russia won gold in the relay by eight tenths of a second.