2016 FUTURES CHAMPIONSHIPS – ATLANTA
First off, Gator Swim Club’s Bates barreled through the 26-second barrier to win the 50 free, posting a 25.90 to win by over half of a second. Later, in the 100 back, Bates would break 1:04 for the first time in her 100 back to touch for a tie for third at 1:03.64. Evie Bragg of Dynamo won the 100 back in 1:03.17.
Pozder, meanwhile, of the TAC Titans, crushed a 4:15.96 to win the 400 free, lopping almost four seconds off of her previous best.
Bates is 15, while Pozder is 16. Pozder was just tenths off of cracking the 15-16 top 100 in the 400 free, and Bates (who still has over a year left in the age group), moves to a tie for 47th in the all-time rankings for the 50 free with Zoe Avestruz, a current University of Minnesota sophomore.
- Luke Smutny posted a 2:01.83 to take the men’s 200 fly. For the women, it was Rachel Klinker (2:16.30) to edge out Tennessee Aquatics’ Erica Lanig (2:16.99).
- Raphael Marcoux took the men’s 50 free in 23.61, winning by .03 over William Tarvestad.
- In the men’s 100 back, Alec Connolly swam a 58.17 to touch out Tyler Silver‘s 58.26. In total, six men were under 59 seconds.
- Danielle Dellatorre lopped 5 seconds off of her prelims time to win the women’s 200 breast in 2:32.46. The men’s race went to Jack Dalmolin in 2:21.45.
- Hayden Curley posted a 4:00.69 to win the men’s 400 free.