2017 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 22 – Saturday, March 25
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Event Previews
- Live Results
- Saturday Finals Heat Sheets
Locked into a battle for 6th place as a team, USC and Stanford each put a diver into the top 8 for Saturday night’s platform event.
After last night, Stanford holds 6th by 17.5 points. They’ll have Theodore Miclau in the A dive final after he took 8th, and USC will place Dashiell Enos, who was 7th this afternoon.
They’re both chasing Indiana for 5th – the Hoosiers have crushed diving more than any other team this week. But stars Michael Hixon and James Connor only competed on the springboards, so IU won’t have an A final diver tonight. They did score Cody Coldren, who made the B final and took 15th in the consols, which were run right after dive prelims.
Ohio State’s Zhipeng Zeng qualified first as he seeks to defend his 2016 title in this event. Purdue put two divers into the final, with Brandon Loschiavo second and 1-meter/3-meter champ Steele Johnson 5th. Max Showalter also scored, tying for 11th in the B final.
A quick look at the teams with diving scorers lined up tonight, along with those divers places if they were in the consol final for spots 9-16:
5. Indiana (Coldren, 15th, 2 points)
6. Stanford (Miclau, A final)
7. USC (Enos, A final)
11. Auburn (Lazeroff, 16th, 1 point)
15. Purdue (Johnson, A final / Loschiavo A final / Showalter, T-11th, 5.5 points)
16. Texas A&M (Henschel, A final)
19. Ohio State (Zeng, A final / Law, T-11th, 5.5 points)
21. Miami (Dinsmore, A final)
26. Minnesota (Barnard, A final)
31. Florida State (Grisell, 9th, 9 points)
34. Northwestern (Cramer, 13th, 4 points)
39. Pitt (Giordano, 10th, 7 points)
40. Wyoming (Mullin, 14th, 3 points)