Reported by Lauren Neidigh.
MEN’S 50 FLY:
WINNER: MICHAEL ANDREW, 23.38
- Round 1 (Quarterfinal): Michael Andrew was the top man through in 23.46. that was less than a tenth shy of his prelims time and a couple of tenths off his lifetime best 23.22. Tim Phillips also broke 24 in the first round, touching 2nd in 23.77. Marcus Schlesinger (24.08) and Meiron Cheruti (24.21) advanced to the semifinal. Giles Smith, an All-American at Arizona turned postgrad for Phoenix Swim Club, was just .05 shy of advancing.
- Round 2 (Semifinal): Andrew was slightly faster this time throguh with a 23.40 to win it, while Phillips tied his round 1 time in 23.77. Schlesinger touched 3rd in 24.28 ahead of Cheruti (24.77), both slightly slower than their quarterfinal times.
- Round 3 (Final): Andrew had his fastest swim of the night as he dominated in 23.38. Phillips was a few tenths shy of his best of the day in 24.11.
MEN’S 50 FREE:
WINNER: NATHAN ADRIAN, 22.94
- Round 1 (Quarterfinal): Shortly after his 50 fly win, Andrew returned for the 50 free shootouts, leading the first round in 22.25 ahead of Michael Chadwick (22.41). Nathan Adrian was a nail behind in 22.44. Also moving on is Bruno Blaskovic, who took 4th in 22.72. Cullen Jones narrowly missed the semis with his 22.80 for 5th place.
- Round 2 (Semifinal): It’ll be Adrian vs. Andrew again in the final round, as Adrian touched in 22.52 with Andrew following in 22.69. Chadwick followed closely in 3rd as he touched in 22.77.
- Round 3 (Final): Adrian once again took the win over Andrew, 22.94 to 23.70. Adrian is still undefeated in 50 free shootouts as he won the race in Austin.