Reported by Lauren Neidigh.
WOMEN’S 100 FLY:
- NCAA Record: Kelsi Worrell (Louisville), 2016, 49.43
- American Record: Kelsi Worrell (Louisville), 2016, 49.43
- Championship Record: Kelsi Worrell (Louisville), 2016, 49.43
- 2017 Champion: Farida Osman (Cal), 50.05
- GOLD: Louise Hansson, USC, 49.80
- SILVER: Erika Brown, Tennessee, 50.33
- BRONZE: Janet Hu, Stanford, 50.56
USC’s Louise Hansson was out quick in 23.36, just a hundredth ahead of Stanford’s Janet Hu. On the back-half, Hansson continued to pull ahead of the field, winning by half a second in 49.80. Behind her, Tennessee’s Erika Brown reached in to touch ahead of Hu. The only other swimmer to break 51 tonight were Cal’s Noemie Thomas and Ohio State’s Liz Li, who rounded out the top 5 in 50.92 and 50.94 respectively.
Hansson was the first non-Stanford swimmer to win a swimming event at this meet.
A close B heat saw Auburn’s Haley Black (51.25) out-touch Georgia’s Veronica Burchill (51.48). Fellow Tiger Aly Tetzloff was 3rd in 51.57.