2018 FINA SHORT COURSE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Tuesday, December 11th – Sunday, December 16th
- Hangzhou, China
- Tennis Centre, Hangzhou Olympic & International Expo Center
- SCM (25m)
- Prelims: 9:30 am local, 8:30 pm ET / Finals: 7:00 pm* local, 6:00* am ET
- *The final night of finals will be one hour earlier, starting at 6:00 pm local and 5:00 am ET
- Live Results (Omega)
In the semi-finals of the women’s 50 butterfly, Kelsi Dahlia clipped her American Record by .01 in a time of 24.93, advancing 3rd overall into tomorrow’s final.
Dahlia originally set the record in the prelims of the 2016 Championships in Windsor, where her 24.94 broke the existing mark of 25.65 held by Christine Magnuson by seven-tenths of a second and made her the first American ever sub-25. She ended up placing 2nd in that final, the same position she finished in all three fly events, and will be looking for her first individual title in this final after also placing 2nd in the 200 fly earlier in the meet here.
She actually falls one spot down to 10th all-time in the event, as Australian Holly Barratt swam a lifetime best of 24.91 to take over 9th spot. Ranomi Kromowidjojo, the 2nd fastest performer ever in 24.51, heads into the final seeded 1st in 24.84.
ALL-TIME PERFORMERS, WOMEN’S 50 FLY
- Therese Alshammar (SWE), 24.38
- Ranomi Kromowidjojo (NED), 24.51
- Sarah Sjostrom (SWE), 24.52
- Inge Dekker (NED), 24.59
- Marieke D’Cruz (AUS), 24.69
- Jeanette Ottesen (DEN), 24.71
- Rikako Ikee (JPN), 24.80
- Felicity Galvez (AUS), 24.90
- Holly Barratt (AUS), 24.91
- Kelsi Dahlia (USA), 24.94