The YMCA Westside Silver Fins is seeking a Head Age Group Coach who demonstrates leadership and responsibility for the administration of all aspects relating to the age group programs of the club. The Head Age Group Coach will be involved in all aspects of the YWSF program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, seasonal planning, training, performance, and safety.
- Develop, plan and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes aged 14 and younger.
- Plan and conduct 3-4 hours per day of on-deck coaching, including dryland practices, working with our Gold and Pre-Senior Groups as well overseeing the Fins I, Fins II, Bronze and Silver Groups.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches through email, phone and face to face meetings.
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum discussed with the head coach.
- Upkeep of YWSF team records on Team Unify
- Filling in for other coaching groups as needed
- Develop and present season plan to Head Coach
- Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes from practices and swim meets attended and present in a report to the Head Coach.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for both the Gold and Pre-Senior Groups as well as relays for all YWSF Groups.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required by the YMCA and YWSF.
- Help set up and breakdown of all home hosted swim meets.
- Assist Head Coach and YWSF Coordinator with planning seasonal practice times and meet schedules.
- Must work 3-4 hours per day from YWSF Swim Team office.
- Perform swimmer assessments for group movement and placement as needed.
- Coordinate with other coaches to ensure a seamless transition when swimmers advance to the next group.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, including: creation and production of materials
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Other Related Responsibilities
- Secondary areas of responsibility are teaching private swim lessons when needed
- Assist lifeguards in maintaining a safe facility
- Assist lifeguards in the closing of the pool Monday through Friday night and after home hosted swim meets.
- Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
- Contribute to content of YWSF and YMCA weekly and monthly newsletters.
- Submit website updates to Head Coach for approval.
- Meet with Head Coach / Assistant Coaches weekly.
- Carry out facility operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of successful experience as an Age Group coach with a USA Swimming team
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to teach all competitive strokes, rules and regulations to team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
- Current CPR Pro, First Aid, AED, Emergency Oxygen, Coaches Safety and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming. YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving.
How to Apply
Email resumes to [email protected]