Applications due 03/01/21
Date posted: February 2, 2021
Location: Statesboro, GA, USA
Georgia Southern University, a Division I member of the NCAA and member of the Coastal Collegiate Sports Association, is accepting applications for the position of Student Assistant for Women’s Swimming Coach.
The successful candidate will assist the Head Coach and Assistant Coach in all aspects of the women’s swimming and diving program including coaching, recruiting, training, coordinating team travel, assisting with administrative duties and performing other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Strong organizational and communication skills are expected. Candidates must possess enthusiasm for coaching and the sport of swimming, and be a highly motivated team player. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, Sun Belt Conference, Coastal Collegiate Sports Association, University and departmental rules and regulations.
- Assist with the development of practice materials and lead practice accordingly under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist with recruiting including and not limited to developing a database, communications (calls/texts/emails), on/off campus recruiting.
- Assist with travel plans, planning and coordinating program events.
- Work closely with staff on promoting, supporting, and growing the team & athletic department mission and vision.
- Provide leadership to facilitate academic and personal success for the team’s student-athletes.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on spreadsheets preferred.
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Must maintain graduate school GPA requirement of 3.0
- Must apply and be accepted into Georgia Southern University as well as a graduate program.
Education, Experience and Skills Preferred:
- 1 year coaching experience as USA Swimming coach, volunteer assistant for NCAA swimming team, or equivalent position.
- Experience and proficiency with recruiting software, Google Drive and Hy-Tek software.
- Ability to show how this assistantship fits a 3-5 year plan towards career goals.
How to Apply
Send Resumé, letter of interest, and list of 3 references to Head Coach Amanda Caldwell – [email protected].