Applications due 12/12/21
Date posted: November 10, 2021
Location: Cedar Park, TX, USA
The Cedar Park Typhoons have openings for their coaching staff for the summer season of 2022, including a Head Coach. The season kicks off May 2, 2022 with practices Monday – Friday after school (4pm – 9pm) and the first meet on Saturday, May 21, 2022. The season switches to morning practices once school is over for summer. Dual meets & Divisionals are Saturday mornings with the last meet (Invitationals) on Sunday July 10, 2022.
Our team size averages about 220 swimmers each season. We have a very supportive volunteer organization that handles fun events, meet operations, and other aspects of running the team.
The Head Coach is responsible for the overall execution of the in the water portion of the Cedar Park Typhoons Swim Team program. The Head Coach is responsible for the following duties:
- Encourage good sportsmanship and help create a positive atmosphere in which swimmers are challenged to improve their skills while ensuring a fun experience for all participants.
- Supervise / Mentor assistant coach and junior coaches.
- Coordinate and delegate coaching coverage such that there is adequate coverage across all swimmer age groups and abilities.
- Ensure the proper number of coaches and aides in each lane according to swimmers’ capabilities.
- Prepare swimmers for swim meets, including explaining DQs from previous meets.
- Attend all meets, including Divisionals and Invitationals.
- Attend all social events.
- Communicate regularly with the Board (provide weekly status updates to the Board & Board President during the swim season).
- Communicate regularly with parents.
- Work with the Computer Rep & Meet Director to review entries and create relay teams.
- Attend April, May, June board meetings as necessary.
How to Apply
To apply please email your resume to [email protected]