Location: 560 Grange Hall Road, Beavercreek, OH, USA
DAYTON RAIDERS SWIM CLUB( currently a 180 member, USA GOLD MEDAL EXCELLENCE TEAM) is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time assistant to work with our 3 senior groups/athletes, including our national level athletes. We are looking for coaches that have a passion for swimming and enjoy working and developing young people. The Dayton Raiders is a supportive board run organization with a professional staff and motivated athletes.
Applicants must be team-oriented, possess a strong work ethic and be passionate about swimming. The ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable about stroke mechanics and have good teaching and communication skills. Additional experience and/or education outside of the sport including technology, marketing and business administration are particularly valuable.
The candidate will report to and work closely with the head coach and is expected to be heavily involved in all aspects of the athlete development and planning making this a unique coaching and learning experience for the candidate. This position requires approximately 25-30 hours weekly for on-deck coaching and an additional 1-15 hours of planning and other administrative tasks each week. Attendance at 1-2 meets/month is expected and will often require weekend travel away from home.
- Establish and maintain communications with both athletes and parents.
- Assist in the design of seasonal training plans for training squads.
- Responsible for leading and/or assisting one or more of the Senior Squads through both dryland and water training.
- Attend competitions as assigned by Head Coach.
- Create a positive team-oriented environment that inspires excellence.
- Help in entering meets on OME.
- Be willing to use Commit for logging workouts.
- Be a team player.
- Be innovative, as well as, not afraid to challenge the coaching staff, as well as, athletes.
- Being able to bring recruitment ideas to the table or summer league ideas is a plus!
- Be compliant with all USA Swimming coach certification requirements.
- Experience working with children and teenagers.
- Background in competitive swimming.
- Successfully pass all back-ground checks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to enthusiastically coach and provide positive feedback to all athletes.
- ASCA Level 3 or higher preferred.
- Salary-commensurate with experience
- Approved expense reimbursement for continued coach education/training, swim meet travel, approved equipment purchases, etc.
How to Apply
- Send cover letter with a “special” note as to why you are applying for this position, what can you bring to the program, and what is your 1-3-5 year goal/plans, etc. Don’t be shy! Feel free to elaborate!
- Email a resume and three references to Kevin Weldon, [email protected]
3030 Stardust Drive
Beavercreek, Ohi0 45432