Applications due 09/15/18
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
The Swim Coach position is a part-time, independent contractor position. The position will require a minimum of 1.5 hours of paid, on-deck time each week. The Swim Coach reports to and takes direction from the team’s Head Coach, who reports to the team’s Board of Directors.
We are looking for coaches available for: Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday mornings (6:45am-8:15am) and a minimum of one Saturday a quarter from approximately 8:00am-10:00am.
- Regularly coach a weekly workout:
- Available to regularly coach one weekly 90 minute workout in San Francisco.
- Available to coach occasional 60 or 120 minute workouts on Saturday mornings (typically once per quarter).
- As a member of the team’s roster of coaches, fill in for other coaches, as schedule permits
- Enhance swimmer skills:
- Engage swimmers in the published weekly training plan objectives
- Communicate weekly team announcements on the pool deck
- Recognize that members join for variety of reasons, and engaging the training plan accordingly
- Differentiate workouts for swimmers of varied ability across several lanes
- Stay current with and communicating changes in conditioning and stroke techniques
- Provide constructive feedback to swimmers throughout the lanes and over the course of the workout
- Have fun! Tsunami is above all else, an amazing group of people who love to swim
- Be an active member of the Tsunami community in and out of the pool:
- Observe team culture through various events and activities (i.e. swim competitions, social events, etc.)
- Provide encouragement to swimmers to attend IGLA, Gay Games, and other focus meets from deck
- Provide encouragement to swimmers to attend social events and fundraiser from deck
- Coach at the team’s focus meets, as schedule permits (compensated)
- Attend social events and fundraisers, as schedule permits (uncompensated)
- Cultivate professional relationships with internal and external constituencies:
- Collaborate with Head Coach and other coaches as necessary
- Maintain good rapport and communication with pool staff
- Willingness to be an ambassador for Tsunami Aquatics in the community
- Knowledge of USMS rules, events, and policies
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification
- The ability to demonstrate leadership to swimmers
- In-depth knowledge of swimming stroke techniques, starts, turns
- Strong communication skills and teaching ability
- Experience working with swimmers at various levels of ability
- Personal experience swimming on an age-group club, high school or college team, and/or USMS team
- Enthusiasm and an open mind
Tsunami Aquatics is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]