Date posted: July 29, 2021
Location: Western Springs, IL, USA
Title: Lead Coach
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Summary: LYONS Aquatics, located in Western Spring and La Grange, Illinois is seeking an enthusiastic Lead Coach to join our staff! This Lead Coach will be responsible for day-to-day coaching and management of their assigned group(s) and the appropriate administrative tasks that accompany. The start date for this position is September 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly attend all appropriate practices and meets
- Work with athletes of all ages and abilities to teach strong technical skills
- Complete meet entries in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with parents and appropriately respond to emails
- Ability to maintain a positive and effective working environment while collaborating with other coaches, board members, and parents
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, and occasional travel meets
- Previous Coaching / Competitive Swimming Experience
- Thorough knowledge of competitive swimming and stroke mechanics
- Enthusiastic, team-oriented, positive role model, and effective communicator
- Competent understanding of TeamUnify
- Currently hold, or be willing to obtain USA-S Non-Athlete Registration, USA-S Criminal Background Check, USA-S Athlete Protection Certification, ARC Safety Training for Swim Coaches including CPR/AED for Adult/Child
- College degree is preferred
*ARC Water Safety Instructor, ARC Lifeguard, and/or LGI-T and WSI-T is desired but not required.
LYONS Aquatics reimburses for all required certification costs as well as approved professional development costs.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a Cover Letter, Resume, Coaching Philosophy, and Professional References to Head Coach Joey Waldorf at [email protected] Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.