Applications due 11/17/17
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, develop and implement programs to attract swimmers into the program from Club swim lesson participants, other local teams and leagues as well as middle school and high school teams.
- Secure and hire qualified instructors to coach swimmers; instruct on coaching techniques, evaluate performance, and initiate disciplinary action according to prescribed procedures.
- Secure, hire and train qualified instructors to teach all levels of swim lessons and Lil’ Gators; instruct on teaching techniques, evaluate performance, and initiate disciplinary action according to prescribed procedures.
- Set minimum requirements for team participation and establish criteria for defining the different swimming groups; evaluate swimmer skill level and place in appropriate group accordingly.
- Develop and oversee seasonal and yearly lesson plans and training programs for all aquatics programming to include swim lessons, Lil’ Gators as well the Germantown Swim Team and high school and middle school teams.
- Coach students individually or in groups, demonstrating swimming technique and observing students to detect and correct mistakes
- Establish and coordinate practice times for training groups based on skill level of swimmer, school hours, and availability of facility.
- Maintain USA Swimming Coach membership
- Establish a yearly swim meet schedule that will compliment training schedule and provide an opportunity to evaluate the effectiveness of the training program.
- Administer all operations of Germantown Swim Team’s Team Unify webpage and enter and register swim participants into meets.
- Confer with participants and parents to resolve grievances, explain rules and regulations and discuss fees.
- Develop yearly budget estimates projecting revenues and expenditures.
- Keep records and prepare reports regarding finances and program activities including participant registration, fees collected, and payroll for instructors.
- Serve as liaison between the Germantown Athletic Club and Germantown Swim Team Parents organization by attending meetings and providing and obtaining information.
- Help organize all meets hosted by Germantown Swim Team by obtaining approval from regional conference and sending invitations and event information to desired participants.
- Assist with Club staff CPR/FA certifications as a Red Cross Instructor.
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting all job performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance and tardiness standards and work deadlines.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Through knowledge of physiological, psychological and developmental needs of participants.
- Knowledge of current aquatic coaching techniques, training and teaching methods.
- Working knowledge of Hy-tek Team Manager and Meet Manager software to submit entries and run meets.
- Knowledge of City purchasing policies and procedures.
- Skill in communicating in writing and/or in person on a one-on-one basis and before groups for the purpose of influencing, motivating and convincing
- Ability to plan and schedule the work of others.
- Ability to work independently and to plan and organize programs.
- Ability to analyze the needs of students with varying levels of physical and mental ability.
- Ability to administer first aid and other life saving precautions according to prescribed procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: College degree in related field and one year experience head coaching competitive swimming or any combination of education, training, and experience providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform essential job functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work takes place in and around pool facility and an office. Traveling is required to attend swim meets, meetings, clinics and conferences.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: First Aid, CPR, and Coach’s Safety Training.
How to Apply
Germantown Athletic Club has partnered with NEOGOV, the leader in Government Sector job placement tools, to assist interested parties in searching and applying for open positions within the City. Please apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/germantown for consideration.
1930 S. Germantown Road
Germantown, TN 38138