Applications due 03/31/23
Date posted: January 30, 2023
Location: Kingsport, TN, USA
Assistant to the Head Coach / Head Site Coach
The Barracuda Swim Club of Northeast Tennessee has an immediate opening for a full-time Head Site Coach at its Kingsport, TN, location. The site coach will answer directly to the Barracuda Swim Club head coach.
The Barracuda Swim Club is a well-established (1959) year-round USAS team that operates out of two sites approximately 20 miles apart. It is directed by a parents’ board, on which the head coach and head site coach have both voice and vote. The current head coach has been with the program since 2002.
The Kingsport site trains primarily at the Kingsport Aquatic Center – a state-of-the art 50 meter indoor facility with moveable bulkheads that was opened in May, 2013. The team is stable, having been founded in 1959. The community is located in beautiful northeast Tennessee, close to hiking and biking trails, waterfalls, and other outdoor recreational activities. The cost of living in Tennessee is 10% below the national average, making the area an affordable place to live.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics, skills and certifications:
(1) A strong background in teaching sound stroke technique
(2) Strong communication skills in both group and individual situations, written and verbal.
(3) The ability to create and implement comprehensive teaching and training plans appropriate to swimmers’ages and ability levels.
(4) The ability and willingness to coach swimmers of all levels – from novice participants through nationalqualifiers.
(5) The ability to manage, direct and mentor part-time assistant coaches.
(6) The ability to foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with pool staff.
(7) The ability to manage lane usage, program costs, and pool logistics.
(8) A positive, personable, and enthusiastic demeanor.
(9) The drive to grow the program in terms of both membership numbers and swimming competency.
(10) The ability and willingness to work with a strong coaching staff and dedicated parents’ board for the betterment of the club.
(11) Current required certifications and training (or the ability to obtain them readily), including background checks.
(12) Familiarity with Team Manager, Meet Manager and Team Unify software and platforms is desirable.
A generous compensation package includes:
A base salary of between $28,000 and $33,000 per year.
Reimbursed medical insurance
A moving allowance of up to $1500.
Reimbursed meet and travel expenses.
The cost of mandated USA Swimming courses
Membership fees for USA Swimming and ASCA
An annual budgeted amount for professional development.
How to Apply
A cover letter and resume along with at least three references should be submitted directly to Head Coach Chris Coraggio via email at [email protected] Applications will be accepted immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Start date is negotiable, but the club is ideally looking to fill this position in a timely manner.
1 Saddlebrook Ln
Johnson City, TN 37615