Applications due 03/21/17
The Head Swimming Coach is responsible for coordinating and implementing all aspects of the ongoing recruitment of student-athletes to participate in the sport of swimming at Life University. The coach is also responsible for all aspects that relate to the swim program and the ongoing development of the student-athlete.
1. Plan and supervise all correspondence between coaches, students, and parents in regard to potential visits by athletes to Life University.
2. Coordinate and supervise any scheduled off season events, programs, or camps.
3. Prepare and monitor program budget.
4. Oversee scholarship distribution to student athletes.
5. Oversee high school/college recruiting efforts.
6. Schedule meets for upcoming season (prepare contracts).
7. Coaching/supervising daily practices.
8. Organize team travel (vehicles/hotels/meals/practices).
9. Organize camps (prepare brochures/organize staff).
10. Perform team related administrative duties.
11. Assist with preparing/filing eligibility forms.
12. Ensure academic compliance of student athletes for Life University and all athletic associations.
13. Monitor class attendance.
14. Plan and execute fundraising initiatives
15. Order necessary equipment for the program.
16. Maintain and update athletic department website information related to your sport.
17. Coordinate with Sports Information Director to post meet results/stories.
18. Plan and schedule NAIA Champions of Character activities.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Two to three years of coaching and recruiting experience.
3. Ability to demonstrate overall business acumen.
4. Basic knowledge of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) rules and regulations.
5. Ability to interact effectively in a collegial environment.
How to Apply
Apply on Life University employment website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=LifeUniv&ccId=162624380_7744&type=MP&lang=en_US#
1269 Barclay Circle
Marietta, GA 30060