Date posted: March 16, 2021
Location: 4 Community Rd, Marblehead, MA, USA
Hours: Full Time Hours, Occasional Weekend Swim Meets
Supervisor: Head Swim Coach / Aquatics Director & Swim Lesson Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Rate: $35,000-$40,000, + Private Lessons $30 per hour / Semi Private Lessons $40 per hour
The JCCNS Sea Serpents is a young, fast growing year-round team with approximately 100 swimmers, which includes a Pre-Team, Special Olympics Practice Group, and a summer league team. We compete in both USA swimming and in dual meets throughout the year. These past few seasons we had multiple top ten swimmers, two zone qualifiers, and two Sectional Qualifiers. Our Swim Lessons, J Swim Academy runs a robust swim lesson program, combining the best of Swim America and Red Cross. Lessons run 7 days a week and include group lessons, adult lessons, private group, and private / semi private lessons.
- Experience as a competitive swimmer
- Experience working with kids ranging in age from 6 to 18
- Knowledge of proper stroke technique and progressions
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Organized and attention to detail
- USA Swimming Coach Certification or willing to obtain before first swim meet
- CPR/AED & Lifeguard Certified
- Prior experience coaching and/or teaching swimming
- Willing to train the right candidate
Position Details Head Age Group Coach:
This position will be responsible for overseeing in conjunction with the Head Coach our 12&under Age Group practice groups as well as assisting with our Pre Senior and Senior Groups. Planning practices and attending weekend swim meets when assigned.
- Write and plan practices in conjunction with the Head Coach for all 12&Under Age Group practices
- Alongside the Head Coach assist our Developmental Coaches with practice planning
- Act as Lead Coach for two practice groups and assist with the Senior Groups
- Occasionally Assist Head Coach with Swim Team Admin.
- Act as a role model with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Continue to improve teaching and coaching skills
- Attend weekend USA and Dual meets home and away when assigned
Position Details Aquatics Admin.:
Ensure all phone calls and emails to the Swim Lesson Department are answered in a timely manner. Work with the Aquatics Manager to book all swim lessons, rentals and birthday parties. Respond to all Aquatics emails or phone calls in a timely manner. Complete bi weekly payroll for the entire department.
- Work with the Aquatics Manager to book all Private, Semi and Create a Class swim lessons
- Assist the Aquatics Manager in swim instructor or event staff scheduling
- Work with the Aquatics Manager to assist in booking all rental groups and birthday parties
- Ensure all parents are contacted appropriately when the pool is closed unexpectedly
- Maintain the Swim Lesson Facebook Page with assistance from the Aquatics Manager
- Contact all Swimmers on class waitlists and work with Aquatics Manager to open classes appropriately
- Assist is the acquisition of new swim lessons participants and instructors
- Register participants for swim lessons directly when possible
- Complete bi weekly payroll for the entire department
Lifeguard / Group Swim Lessons Required Hours:
This position is also required to perform a minimum of 15 hours of direct service as a Lifeguard and/or Group Swim Instructor, as part of the salary. Private and Semi Private Lessons are an additional income opportunity not included in these hours.
Come join a great group of people to work with.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to Head Coach, Ashley Vieira, at [email protected] or via mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
4 Community Road
Marblehead, MA 01945
4 Community Rd.
Marblehead, MA. 01945