Applications due 01/31/18
Come join the coaching staff of one of the fastest growing swim teams in the Farmington Valley, CT area! The Charter Oak Aquatic Club is currently seeking a Head Age Group coach to run and manage our Age Group Program.
The ideal candidate needs to be highly organized with the ability to develop season plans and daily practices in collaboration with the team’s Head Coach, as well have a passion for coaching and the sport of swimming.
The Charter Oak Aquatic Club is a USA Swimming year-round program which trains at a state-of-the art facility located at the Ethel Walker School in Simsbury, Connecticut.
This position averages 12 hours a week, Monday-Friday from 6:15-8:15 pm during the week and 7-9 am on the weekends. Attendance at weekend meets is also required.
Applicants must be approachable, knowledgeable about competitive swimming and show enthusiasm and experience working with swimmers of different ability levels.
- Attend scheduled practices and meets
- Mentor assistant coaches in the Age Group program
- Assist the Head Coach in selecting the meets in which OAK swimmers will compete
- Assist the Head Coach in completing meet entries for OAK swimmers, tailoring entries to the specific needs of each swimmer
- Set weekly/monthly goals that are measurable to ensure each swimmer’s progress.
- Participate in regular coaching staff meetings as scheduled and conducted by the Head Coach
- Take daily attendance for each group
- Perform additional duties not listed herein as mutually agreed upon and directed by the Head Coach
- Minimum of two year’s experience in a competitive swim coach position preferred and/or past experience swimming at the collegiate level.
- Must be able to pass all USA swimming requirements including CPR/First Aid certified, background check, coach’s safety training.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work one to two swim meets a month.
Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Lynne Ringquist, Charter Oak Board President, at [email protected]
Lynne Ringquist, Charter Oak Board President