Applications due 10/31/17
The Carter Center Aquatics Swim Team (CCA), located in Roanoke, VA, is seeking applicants for a Head Age Group Coach. The Roanoke Valley is uniquely nestled among the Blue Ridge Mountains in southwestern Virginia. An outdoor paradise (hiking, biking, boating, etc), Roanoke is located within three hours of Charlotte, Richmond, and Washington DC.
CCA is an institutionally owned team by North Cross School, a K-12 private secondary school serving the Roanoke and New River Valleys. The USA Swimming team currently boasts approximately 150 swimmers, ranging from novice to Junior National level swimming, as well as National top 16 qualifiers. The Head Age Group Coach, a full time salaried position, will be in charge of the age group program, coaching 2-3 training groups. The position will include 25-30 hours on deck per week with practices held Monday through Friday evenings, Saturday mornings, and possibly some weekday mornings as well.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
– Represent CCA in a professional and mature manner at all times while adhering to all USA- Swimming, North Cross School and ASCA Code of Ethics and Conduct policies.
– Maintaining all required credentials.
– Coordinate with the Team’s Head Coach to develop seasonal training plan for all 14 & under practice groups within the philosophy of the program.
– Responsible for writing and running our Age Group training groups, including developing and implementing dry land workouts.
– Creating fun, positive, exciting, engaging yet challenging and skills based practices for the age group program.
– Overseeing and mentoring the other age group coaches and assisting them with their training groups
– Attending all swim meets in which Age Group Swimmers are in attendance (usually one to two meets a month).
– Attend and participate in all staff meetings as requested by the Head Coach.
– Collaborate with entire staff to develop and implement benchmarks for measuring our swimmer’s improvement and increasing these opportunities for all levels of the team.
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, Providing great customer service and communicates with all constituents for the program including staff, swimmers, parents and friends of CCA.
– Assist Head Coach, North Cross School and Parent Booster Board with marketing and promotion of the club.
– Oversee individual/team entries and send out any relevant meet information for swim meets.
– Imports swim meet results onto CCA database & manage team records page.
– Track swimmer’s training goals and statistics along with monthly attendance figures.
– Provide goal meetings with swimmer’s on a seasonal basis and any additional as needed by athlete and coach decisions.
– Meet set-up and takedown assistance for hosted/sponsored meets as required by the Head Coach.
– Dealing with disciplinary issues per team policies and in coordination with the Head Coach.
– Participation and input assistance to Head Coach/School with hiring of new staff members.
– Attend and participate in LSC functions
The applicant must have experience coaching swimmers 14 and younger, display a strong knowledge of excellent stroke technique, and have prepared swimmers for the senior level. We are looking for an energetic coach who is active on the deck, enthusiastic about the opportunity, and possesses good communication skills. Our ideal candidate will possess high ethical and moral standards and will be as interested in our members’ character development as they are in their development as swimmers. We are looking for a coach who has a passion to coach and mentor our swimmers!
Candidates must have experience with Team Unify, Team Manager and Microsoft Office. It is preferred candidates have at least 4 years competitive coaching experience. In addition, he/she must have all USA Swimming Certifications including a Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, Safety Training and CPR, and be in good standing with USA Swimming and their LSC.
How to Apply
If interested in applying for this position please send a resume, cover letter, three (3) references and salary requests to Head Coach Alex Vance ([email protected])
4254 Colonial Avenue
Roanoke, Virginia 24018
phone: (540) 521-3579