Applications due 04/27/18
Location: 1000 North Main Street, Findlay, OH, USA
The Graduate Assistant Position will be a part time position, allotting 20 hours per week and 12 graduate credit hours for the 2018-2019 academic year, while following University protocol for Graduate Assistantships. This position is specifically targeted at obtaining a Diving Coach.
The oversight of over fifty student-athletes is a difficult task, and assistance is necessary for the development as an individual student-athlete. The Graduate Assistant will play an integral supporting role. This is the purpose of the request, to enhance student-athletes experience inside the classroom and on the playing field. The University will gain an employee who works directly for the betterment of students through the help of athletics. This will assist with the University mission to promote students to become whole-persons. The duties and responsibilities for the Graduate Assistant position includes but is not limited to:
- Assist with daily operations of swimming and diving program
- Plan, organize, and conduct Diving practice
- Assist with coaching responsibilities during scheduled practice
- Assist with equipment and clothing distribution and collection pre and post season
- Assist with recruitment of Student-Athletes to the Swimming and Diving Program
- Learn and develop knowledge in compliance with University, GMAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Pass NCAA recruiting test
- Aid in the development of monitoring academic progress
- Assign study tables for team members struggling academically
- Assist with Camps/Clinics/Lessons and other programing developed and organized by UF Head Coach
These duties and responsibilities, as well as other assigned duties, will be instrumental in allowing the Head Coach, as well as the Assistant Coach/Aquatics Director perform their role.
The student who is hired for this position will also gain invaluable experience coaching student-athletes on the UF Swimming and Diving team. It will provide an opportunity to display leadership, organization, and communication skills that can be used in their future profession. The Graduate Assistant will also grow, develop and benefit from studying in a graduate program at The University of Findlay. This will provide an opportunity to thrive in multiple roles at the University. The University, coaching staff, and student-athletes will also benefit from the knowledge provided by the graduate assistant in the operation of the Swimming and Diving Program.
The Graduate Assistant will receive periodic evaluation throughout the academic year. These evaluations will consist of assisting the head coach in daily assigned responsibilities, the manner in which the G.A. has benefitted the student-athletes and improvements that can be made/have been made since the last evaluation. The Graduate Assistant will receive a written and oral evaluation on the aforementioned duties following the winter and spring terms.
How to Apply
Please e-mail Cover Letter, Resume and References to Head Coach Andrew Makepeace.
That information can be sent to [email protected]
If you have any further questions, please direct them to Coach Makepeace.
1000 N. Main Street
Findlay, OH 45840