Date posted: July 28, 2021
Location: 200 West Ward Street, Springfield, OH, USA
Wittenberg University is searching for a Graduate Assistant (GA) Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving beginning in the 2021 fall semester (8/1/21). The university offers a Master’s in Athletic Coaching program that focuses on all aspects of coaching and leadership. The GA coaching position and enrollment in the master’s program will afford the successful candidate the ability to directly apply knowledge learned in the classroom to the athletes they coach.
The GA Assistant Coach will assist the head coach in leading all aspects of an NCAA Division III athletic program.
Essential functions include, but not limited to:
- Assist the Head Coach with practice and game-day preparation and execution.
- Evaluate, recruit, and graduate student-athletes.
- Maintain and ensure student-athlete academic integrity.
- Interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Provide service to the Institution as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Recreation or the Head Coach.
- Adhere to NCAA, conference, departmental, and university policies, procedures, and expectations.
For this position, we require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree,1-3 years of collegiate playing experience, and acceptance into Wittenberg’s Master’s in Athletic Coaching program. Candidates must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, and be able to effectively and appropriately interact with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
Knowledge in the following areas is preferred: Microsoft Office, athletic video and performance review software (i.e. Hudl, Synergy), social media, recruiting software (Frontrush). A valid driver’s license is required; must meet required insurance qualifications found in Wittenberg Motor Pool policies and procedures. If license is from out of state, successful candidate will need to obtain a valid Ohio driver’s license within 30 days of hire date.
Travel is required as well as some evening, night, and weekend work.
Being authorized to work in the United States is a pre-condition of employment.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please set-up an account in our online recruiting system and upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
- Cover letter
- Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg’s Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.