Applications due 11/03/23
Date posted: October 30, 2023
Location: Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Swim and Education, the Senior Director of Competitive Swimming is responsible for the leadership and direction of the YMCA’s Competitive Swimming program ensuring that all aspects of the program fulfill the mission, vision, and goals of the YMCA. The TYDE Swim Teams’ current enrollment is over 500 swimmers across the association.
- Provides vision, leadership, and management of the day-to-day operations of the successful, values-oriented YMCA of Northwest North Carolina competitive swimming program, including senior competitive teams, age group competitive teams, junior competitor programs, and master’s programs. This includes regular visits to each of the 10 sites to ensure high standards of program quality and excellence as well as positive relationships with all staff, parents, and athletes.
- Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. In coordination with Learning and Leadership Development, ensures that all staff are developing as Cause-driven leaders by implementing individual development plans.
- Provides vision, leadership, and management to the Associate Head Swim Coaches, while also providing support to all part-time staff that includes coaching and leadership traits to ensure a high-quality swim program.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Leads the implementation of open, clear, consistent, and effective communication with athletes, parents, branch staff, volunteers, and coaches. Actively builds collaborative working relationships with branch aquatic directors, YMCA associate branch directors, and YMCA administration.
- Abides by the YMCA of the USA Swimming and Diving, ASCA, and USA Swimming Code of Ethics. Serves as an ambassador to the community by actively promoting the YMCA aquatics and wellness programs.
- Manages all aspects of TYDE’s financial and business functions ensuring budgeted goals are met while following all Association business guidelines. Drafts monthly financial reports for Branch Executive Director. Proactively manages team expenses and deck management of assistant coaches. Works in conjunction with Association business team members to achieve stated goals.
- Leads TYDE Annual Campaign strategy to ensure that staff is engaged in branch or association campaigns by attending events, recruiting volunteers, articulating cases for giving, and successfully fundraising.
- Regularly provides coaching support to ensure consistency across sites as well as provides technical guidance and coaching to all staff.
- Responsible for coaching one or two senior groups
- Develops and implements a program performance strategy while regularly analyzing and evaluating the overall TYDE team strategy to ensure alignment. This includes coordinating the athlete advancement process to ensure consistent implementation across all sites.
- Works with senior athletes, senior swim coaches, and parents to ensure that athlete development plans are created and timelines are understood and supported. This includes developing and supporting plans for athletes interested in swimming in college.
- Works with site coaches to provide opportunities for family involvement. These opportunities include volunteering at meets, individual meetings, parent council, Swim for Life support, Annual Campaign support and special event participation.
- Lends leadership and guidance to the Youth Development Experience Circle by supporting the Executive Director in planning and implementing Branch Meetings while also meeting bi-weekly to help analyze data and determine direction of the branch.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all outside vendors. This includes understanding current and future pool space needs to ensure they are met, managing major TYDE events such as Capital Classic and end of year banquet, sponsorship plans, and meet schedules.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
or email Chris Chunn at [email protected]