Applications due 04/30/21
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: 50 Stone Road West, Guelph, ON, Canada
Director of Age Group and Development Swim Coach
Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club – Guelph, Ontario Canada
Full-Time (1 positions)
Start date: September 1, 2021
The Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club (GMAC) is seeking a Full Time Director of Age Group and Development Swim Coach.
GMAC is a Non Profit swim club that has between 300-600 swimmers across our Learn to Swim, Competitive, Masters and Summer Lifesaving programs registered throughout the year.
The successful candidate will bring an abundance of positive energy and focus to the swimmers in our developmental stream within our Competitive Program, Pre-Competitive Program and our Learn-to-Swim School Program. The Director of Age Group and Development will work collaboratively with the Director of High Performance and the coaching staff to identify and move athletes through their swim career with GMAC by working with the athletes to set and achieve their goals, from Swim School and up into the competitive programs.
This position will consist of on deck coaching, administrative duties, mentoring, strategizing, and planning up to 40 hours per week.
We want to find team members who will foster a collaborative and open environment with all employees, the swim families and the Board of Directors. Candidates must be positive, enthusiastic, hard-working and able to encourage and have positive energy with all athletes in our club. Teaching the fundamentals of proper stroke technique, athletic development, and physical and mental health from an early age through our swim school and into the pre-competitive and competitive programming are key tenets of this role.
The candidate must be willing to work collaboratively towards achieving and guiding all swimmers to their full potential, whether it be Learn-to-Swim, Recreational, Regional, Provincial or National Level swimming.
Director of Age Group and Development Swimming Coach Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute programs geared to newly competitive athletes, Pre-Competitive Programs and Learn to Swim Swim School
- In direct collaboration with the Director of High Performance Swimming Coach and/or the General Manager:
- Further develop & implement an annual comprehensive swimming strategy that identifies the best technical development program to elevate all levels of GMAC swimmers
- Develop/execute/adjust hosted meet schedule and events
- Publish a mentorship program/schedule of all coaches who are direct reports
- Build a well-rounded meet schedule for our athletes and integrate into our own historically established hosted meet schedule
- Recruit and retain coaches to run programs effectively within the annual budget guidelines
- Attend regular staff meetings and contribute to the team
- Conduct yearly reviews of coaches who are direct reports
- Participate in annual planning for upcoming seasons
- Resolve member complaints in a fair and responsible manner utilizing our operating policies as guidance
- Conduct an annual club equipment inventory audit
- Directly coach at least one training group
- Identify, plan, and execute opportunities for growth within swim school
- Populate meet entries, either directly or through coaching staff, in Team Manager based on published timelines
- Engage in continuing education through CSCA, NCCP development, etc.
- Collaborate, develop and execute with the team on developing annual swimmer banquet
- Submit monthly reports to the GMAC Board of Directors
- Participate in all Team Functions
- Adhere to all policies including GMAC, Swim Ontario, Swimming Canada, and all facilities where we participate
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be available to coach in the mornings, evenings and weekends throughout the year
- Attend 1-2 weekend meets per month
- Create a fun and inviting learning environment to encourage athlete growth and retention
- Serve as a role model for youth with the ability to demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and have a positive and encouraging nature in a safe environment
- Maintain accurate records for swimmers and their progression
- Establish positive professional relationship with swimmers, parents, community and other coaches
- Provide clear communication with swimmers, parents, coaches, General Manager and board as required
- Contribute to weekly family communication as needed
- Assist to maintain safe social media presence promoting the team
- Minimum NCCP Age Group Coach Certified Level 2 or equivalent
- Must pass all appropriate background checks and Safe Sport Certification
- Current NLS & Standard First Aid
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of technical and training aspects of competitive swimming
- Strong leadership
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Willingness for continual education
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Computer savvy
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and copy of their Coach locker transcript from coach.ca (if applicable) to the General Manager at [email protected] by April 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants but note that only shortlisted qualified applicants will be contacted.
17-370 Stone Road West, Box 25017,
Guelph, Ontario Canada N1G4V9