Applications due 04/12/21
Date posted: March 27, 2021
Location: Redondo Beach, CA 90277, USA
Beach Cities Swimming is seeking full time Senior / Age Group and Developmental Swim Coaches.
Beach Cities Swimming is a Non Profit Swim Club located just south of LAX along the beautiful Southern California Coast. 300+swimmers across our Pre Comp and Competitive groups. We are a Silver Medal Club just under 10 years. We have successfully produced competitve athletes all the way up to the National level /National Junior Team / DI Schools as well as everything else in between.
Successful candidates will bring an abundance of positive energy, focus and “TEAM” mentality to the swimmers and staff. Coaches will work collaboratively with the Head Coach & Head Age Group Coach as well as other Staff. Successful candidates will help to identify and move athletes through their swimming careers at Beach Cities Swimming.
This position will consist of on deck coaching, administrative duties and planning. 25-40 hours per week is the general work load. Once COVID restrictions are lifted there will be more swim meet weekends/hours.
We want to find team members who will foster a collaborative and open environment with all employees and the swim families. Candidates must be positive, enthusiastic, hard-working and be able to encourage all athletes in our club. Teaching the fundamentals of proper stroke technique, athletic development, and physical and mental health from an early age are key tenets of this role.
- Execute programs geared to newly competitive athletes, Pre-Competitive Programs. Help evolve the program to the next level.
- In direct collaboration with the Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach:
- Further develop & implement an annual comprehensive swimming strategy that identifies the best technical development and to elevate all levels of BCS swimmers.
- Help identify and retain Coaches to help run programs effectively.
- Attend regular staff meetings and contribute to the team.
- Conduct yearly reviews of coaches who may be direct reports
- Participate in annual planning for upcoming seasons
- Resolve member complaints in a fair and responsible manner.
- Directly coach at least one training group (could be 2 or more at the PC level)
- Identify, plan, and execute opportunities for growth within the Team.
- Populate meet entries, either directly or through coaching staff, in TU based on published timelines
- Engage in continuing education. Be a fan of the sport.
- Participate in Team Functions
- Adhere to all policies including: Beach Cities Swimming, USA Swimming, Southern California Swimming, and all facilities where we participate.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be available to coach in the mornings, evenings and weekends throughout the year.
- Create a fun and inviting learning environment to encourage athlete growth and retention.
- Serve as a role model for youth with the ability to demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Maintain accurate records for swimmers and their progression.
- Provide clear communication with swimmers, parents and staff
- Contribute to weekly family communication as needed.
- Assist to maintain safe social media presence promoting the team
- LOVE for Age Group teaching and coaching.
- Must pass all background checks and Safe Sport Certification. Current USA Swimming Certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of technical and training aspects of competitive swimming.
- Ability to lead and follow.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Problem Solving Abilities.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills (TU, spreadsheets, word docs)
- LOVE for Age Group Teaching (yes, its listed twice)
How to Apply
Please contact Head Coach Monique Shelton
phone: 310 877 5801