Date posted: April 4, 2022
Who We Are
Spiraledge is a collection of companies focused on health and wellness and is the parent company of fast growing ecommerce sites SwimOutlet.com & Everyday Yoga. Both SwimOutlet.com and Everyday Yoga have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company.
We are on a mission to hire the best of the best to create the global destination for all Swimmers.
SwimOutlet is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach and surf!
Associate Category Manager, Performance Swim and Triathlon
Remote | SwimOutlet.com | Full Time
Reports to the Senior Category Manager – SwimOutlet.com Performance Swim
As our Associate Category Manager (Buyer or Merchant), you will be responsible for all aspects of buying; from maintaining optimal inventory levels to finding and negotiating favorable terms with new and existing vendors. You have a competitive aquatics (swim, water polo, diving, artistic) or triathlon background and a proactive approach to problem solving, exceptional interpersonal skills, possess a general understanding of ecommerce retail, be adept at forming relationships with various partners inside and outside the company, and show true ownership of the brands you are responsible for.
- Bottom line responsibility for the achievement of sales plans, profit margin, turnover, and returns for a specific category
- Manage timing/flow of product, based on seasonal plans and entrance and exit strategies
- Position department investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information and change strategies in-season where needed
- Evolve and drive the business to consistently deliver best in class experience
- Manage vendor relations to include product selection, negotiation, communication and partnership development
- Manage overall look and feel of category and brands while optimizing the user experience
- Plan marketing activations in partnership with the Brand and Marketing Team
- Execute other responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
What You Need to Be Successful
- 2+ years retail buying and or merchandising experience; ecommerce experience is highly desired
- Experience buying for active lifestyle products or aquatic related products
- B.S. degree in a related field
- Ability to take ownership of your category and make it successful by focusing on the molecular details as well as the big picture
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Possess a clear understanding of retail math and financial measurements
- Demonstrated financial management, merchandising, analytical and assortment
- Ability to identify trends in the marketplace and think strategically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to articulate concepts to web content team
- Ability to make smart and timely decisions in the absence of perfect information and remain flexible and resourceful in a fast pace, changing environment
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel
- Positive “roll with it” attitude and a strong work ethic
This role requires occasional travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Spiraledge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
To apply, please click here: https://spiraledgeinc.applytojob.com/apply/Os3tofPbLQ/Associate-Category-Manager-Performance-Swim-And-Triathlon?source=SwimSwam