The Hampshire Regional YMCA Dolphins Swim Team is looking to hire an Assistant Swim Team Coach. Under the direction of the Swim Team Head Coach and Aquatics Director, the Assistant Swim Team Coach is responsible to provide competitive swimming instructions to swim team members in various age groups. Organizes and conducts team workouts.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Organizes and administers all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices.
- Develops positive relationships with team members and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon by Supervisor.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Assistant Aquatic and Swim Team Director.
- Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills.
- Ability to implement skills in a positive, healthy manner.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid
- Coaches Safety Training.
- One year or more of swim team experience preferred.
- Should be US swimming certified or must obtain within the first 90 days of employment.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y, discounted classes and camp and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
How to Apply
286 Prospect St.
phone: 413-584-7086 X116