Applications due 05/01/19
Calvert Aquatics Club (“CAC”) is seeking applicants for two Assistant Coaches – (1) Age Group Coach for ages 8-12 and (1) Junior & Senior Silver Coach for ages 12-18.
CAC is looking for an enthusiastic coach who is eager to play an integral part in the development of our athletes. The assistant coach position will oversee all aspects of their respective programs, including management and running of daily practices all the while supporting the coaching philosophy and direction of the program as established by the head coach. Assistant coaches report directly to the Head Coach. The positions are paid hourly and require approximately 15-18 hours of on deck coaching per week and 1-2 weekend meets per month.
The Assistant Coach responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee & manage daily practices including in-water and dry land training
- Oversee the development and progression of swimmers including communication with swimmers and parents
- Instruct proper swimming concepts & techniques
- Create a positive team atmosphere, helping athletes reach their individual potential
- Meet with Head Coach to outline developmental progressions, practice sessions, meet schedules, and to discuss any concerns or opportunities.
- Inputing meet entries and communications for meets within given group
- Administrative duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous coaching experience with a strong understanding of youth development
- USA member Swim Coach in Good Standing
- ASCA level 1 or higher
- All appropriate & valid licenses/Certifications/Registrations for USA Swimming
- Safety Training & Background Certifications for Swim Coaches
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid
- Red Cross CPR-PR/AED
- Ability to work with all levels: beginners to competitive swimmers
- Ability to communicate well with coaches, swimmers, & parents
- Positive attitude & willingness to learn
This position is open effective August 1, 2019. Application deadline is May 1, 2019. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please submit resume including references and salary expectations to [email protected].
All applications are handled in confidence. CAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference. If you’re looking for a great opportunity to work with outstanding families, grow a solid local club into a regional force, and develop your coaching skills, CAC is looking forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply
Email resumes & references to: [email protected]