Position: The Rocky Mountain Rapids Swim Team (RPDS), located in Colorado Springs, Colorado is seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Senior Coach. This position will report directly to the Rocky Mountain Rapids Head Coach.
Background: The Rocky Mountain Rapids is a year-round competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for swimmers ages 6-18. The Rapids are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization run by an elected Board of Directors which meets monthly. In addition to the competitive swim team, we also offer summer programs including swim lessons, pre-club team and high-school prep. We are constantly growing and training young swimmers to maintain a well-rounded competitive swim team.
Philosophy: We believe providing an environment for all swimmers to achieve their individual best is the right vision for the Rapids Swim Team. As a club that has embraced the Long Term Athlete Development, there is no “typical” Rocky Mountain Rapids Swimmer – we have athletes who are dedicated to the sport of swimming, striving to reach the highest levels of the sport, as well as swimmers that participate in multiple sports on a competitive level. We have others who are just starting out in the sport or simply wanting to prepare for competition as a high school swimmer. There is room for all levels of ability and commitment.
Assistant Coach Duties:
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communication with swimmers and parents
- Assist in the management/running of daily practices. This must be done in a direction that supports the coaching philosophy and direction of the club as established by the Head Coach
- Assist the Lead Coach of specified group with the running of practices and swim meets.
- Create a positive team-oriented atmosphere
- All RPDS coaches are energetic supporters of the sport of swimming and Rocky Mountain Rapids Swim Team
- Attendance at 1-2 meets per month (will include weekends of Saturday and Sunday)
- Take on responsibilities for managing team as assigned by Head Coach
- College Degree (preferred)
- Competitive Swimming Experience (required)
- Swim Coaching Experience (preferred)
- Candidates must possess integrity, strong communications skills; and a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
- Salary or hourly pay will vary depending on qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with references to: Head Coach Erik Richardson, [email protected]