Date posted: May 16, 2023
Location: 200 West Ward Street, Springfield, OH, USA
Wittenberg University is seeking applications for an Assistant Coach for Swimming & Diving and Aquatics Coordinator. This individual will assist the head coach in leading all aspects of an NCAA Division III Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving program, as well as lead the operational aspects of the aquatics operations. This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt-level position reporting to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the head coach with practice and game-day preparation and execution.
- Evaluate, recruit, and graduate student-athletes.
- Oversee and manage aquatics operations including but not limited to hiring and training of lifeguard staff, and monitoring the aquatics facility.
- Maintain and ensure student-athlete academic integrity.
- Interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Conduct student-worker hiring, training, and supervision.
- Adhere to NCAA, conference, departmental, and university policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned such as special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
For this position, we require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree and at least 1-3 years of previous collegiate coaching or playing experience with the post position. The successful candidate must be lifeguard certified. Candidates must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be able to interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators. Knowledge in the following areas is preferred: Microsoft Office, athletic video and performance review software (i.e. Hudl, Synergy), social media platforms, and recruiting software (i.e. Frontrush).
Travel is required as well as evening, night, and weekend work.
A valid driver’s license is required; must meet required insurance qualifications found in Wittenberg Motor Pool policies and procedures. If license is from out of state, successful candidate will need to obtain a valid Ohio driver’s license within 30 days of hire date.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
Wittenberg University is committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct in our campus community. Click here to view our Title IX policies.
The successful candidate will demonstrate support for diversity, equity and inclusiveness as well as participate in maintaining a respectful, positive work environment.
Employment at Wittenberg University is contingent upon satisfactory completion of applicable background checks including but not limited to: criminal records, educational verifications, driving records (when job-related), and/or credit history (when job related).
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please set-up an account in our online recruiting system and upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
- Cover letter
- Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
Applicants who require accommodation during any stage of the hiring process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (937) 327-7517 or email [email protected].