Applications due 05/01/21
Date posted: April 1, 2021
Location: Tigard, OR, USA
The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for an Assistant Coach-Senior Level. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR. We currently have approximately 120 swimmers ranging from age 6 to 18.
The Assistant Senior Level Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates leadership and responsibility in coaching our Senior 2 group (8th grade and high school age swimmers). S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Plan and conduct 1-2 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our Senior 2 group.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Minimum of one (1) year successful experience as a swim coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred (prior experience teaching swim lessons also OK).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: June 1st (or earlier). The position will remain open until filled. Compensation: $17-18 per hour, commensurate with experience.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, along with 3 professional references to Brad Robbins, TTSC Head Coach, at [email protected]